Generator

Check London Hotel Deals

Generator London Reviews

WalterC WalterC
A good place to stay, once you find it! Apr 20, 2015
Located more than a block away from the Russell Square Tube stop, the Generator Hostel is a chain of hostels throughout Europe. This was my first time staying in one.

Finding it is not easy, especially at night. There is a sign pointing one way, but no help at all. Turns out, the hostel is down an alleyway. There is a sign beside the alleyway, but very hard to see. I had to ask someone who was passing by.

Once you find it, you see that this is a nice looking hostel, as it feels more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff are very nice and helpful. And there is an information desk nearby, where you can also buy a London Pass.

There is luggage storage in a locker room, which is extra charge. But sometimes, all of the lockers have been taken, so some people store their bags on top of them. That is what I did, and had nothing stolen, Still, do that at your own risk.

The rooms are also very nice. There are compartments in the bottom of the beds, which you can lock. Though, you have to provide your own padlock. Still, there is no extra charge to use them. The beds are really nice. The only downside, is the small number of electric outlets, which all are usually taken. But there are other places in the hostel to charge your devices, like the common room and the dining room.

The bathrooms are nice, though there is only 1 shower room per gender on each floor, and located on one side of the floor. So you may have to make quite a trek to the showers. There are more toilet rooms throughout the place. The bathrooms are well cleaned and maintained, with everything in one place in the shower rooms.

There is a laundry room, with washing machines, dryers, and an iron. Detergent can be bought at reception for 1£. Laundry is 2£ and dryer is 50 pence per 15 minutes. I find the dryers to be lousy, probably done on purpose to make some extra money. Also, there is no kitchen, and no regular computers, both of which, I find disappointing. But WiFi is included, and works fine!

There is breakfast, which costs extra. And a bar that serves overpriced food. I did not try those, so I can’t comment on the quality of the food, but the prices were enough to keep me away. Besides, there are eat-out places near the hostel, at cheaper prices, so those are your better options.

While it can be crowded, the Generator Hostel is a nice place to stay, at cheap prices. I would not mind staying here again.
the building to go through, to get…
entryway to the hostel building
front of hostel
reception desk
sherryshakarob sherrysh…
Doesn't worth the money Dec 09, 2014
We didn't get the room we booked, so they had to moved us to another room the next morning.

The hostel was too busy, even if we were at the room, we heard too muchhhhhh noise above us (from the lobby)

The bathrooms wasn't so clean.i found many unpleasant thing on the shower's floor...inappropriate

The bar was nice, but too expensive.

There is a chill out room, which is pretty much cool, but to much to do.....

We find it hard to get to the hostel at night, as they close the front doors after 22:00. It wasn't convinent to searching your way from behaind your room.

Not recommended.