Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Generator Hostel Copenhagen Rates and Deals

Generator Hostel Copenhagen Reviews

hightide hightide
Great but very pricey for a hostel Jun 23, 2017
Stayed here for a total of 3 nights. The best aspect is the location -- smack in town.

On the first night, I stayed alone in a Standard Double Room. The 2 beds were single beds arranged side-by-side with one pillow and one towel provided on each bed. The room was equipped with a heater (which I didn't use). Both room and bathroom were small. There was body soap provided in a dispenser behind the shower curtain but no hand soap or shampoo (not surprising for a hostel). Didn't expect to see a hairdryer in a hostel room, but it was there - so a positive. Price paid: USD 129.

Check out time is 10am and I made it just in time. The locker storages were full, so the front desk lady helpfully allowed me to store my bags in their office as our Contiki tour manager (TM) hasn't arrived to check us in our rooms.

I came back to the hostel at 5pm, met up with my Contiki TM who gave me a keycard for my room. At first, the keycard didn't work so I had to go back to the lobby to get the card re-programmed. By then, my 3 roommates have already arrived and I was relegated to upper bunk No. 1 (the only bed left). The room itself is nice and spacious - the shower room, sink and toilet are separated from one another which is a smart idea when 4 people are sharing one room. There are bag storages under the bottom bunks. There is a plug and a bed lamp on top of every bed. Towels weren't provided for quadruple rooms; however, they were available for rent.

The Contiki included dinner on 24 June - chicken, couscous and soup were delicious.

Had breakfast at the hostel on 25 and 26 June - both days there were vast selections of cold cuts, cheese, bread and juice. The only downside were the fruits - they were obviously the canned type.

Wifi signal have been strong and consistent in all areas - the lobby, the hangout areas, the dining area, the rooms and even right in front of the hostel while waiting for the bus!

The check-in employees were helpful and spoke perfect English.
Standard Double Room
The bathroom of Standard Double Ro…
hightide says:
Thanks for congratulating me everyone :D

@Horscheck: Yes, part of the reason is because I booked Generator Copenhagen right on check-in day whereas Radisson Blu Stockholm was booked 1 week in advance.

@ellechic: Cool, what a coincidence! I didn't expect to see several people on TB who have been on the Scandinavia Contiki.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2017
Maurizioago says:
Today this is the featured review!

Ciao!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2017
ellechic says:
congrats on the feature.

I stayed there when I did Scandinavia with Contiki, too! the 4-bed dorm was definitely spacious. - I think I may have even stayed in the same room as you, too! Haha...
Posted on: Jul 17, 2017
Hugh Hugh
Social gathering point Jul 24, 2013
Generator is a social gathering point for both locals tourists in Copenhagen (many of whom are traveling alone) making it a great place to meet new people. It's incredibly easy to strike up a casual conversation with anyone as most people in there are looking to connect with someone. Even if you're staying at a different hostel, make sure you visit Generator (check out their Lounge Bar) when you're near the city centre. Their Pink Lady shots alone are worth the trip but if that doesn’t suit your palate then I’ve got two words for you: Free WI-FI.
Chokk says:
It is a nice place - and you are right - it is a nice lounge bar
Posted on: Jan 18, 2014

Generator Hostel Copenhagen Overview

Located in the vibrant heart of the city, amongst all major attractions and guaranteed no added costs in our prices. Our hostel is in the coolest, most exciting and vibrant part of this cosmopolitan city. Stay with us in the heart of the city, to start exploring the cobbled squares, copper spires, historic winding canals, design, architecture and fashion. Transportation - Who needs it, when you are located in the most lively area of the city with bustling streets of musicians, parks, shops, cafes, outdoor bars and clubs. Taking in the sights and culture couldn't be easier when they are literally all around you. From Strøget (main shopping street) Nyhavn (outdoor bars and cafes on the canal) Royal Palace, Opera House, Royal Theatre, The Little Mermaid, Christiania, dock for Canal Tours and so much more. Generator Hostels comes with years of travelling experience to make sure we provide the best facilities for the modern traveler. In the former Philippe Starck luxury apartment building, we invite you to enjoy our spacious modern en-suite rooms which come with private bathrooms, lockers, clothes hanging unit, full length mirrors and bed linen. Towels are provided complimentary in twin rooms. Girls Do not fear, we also have luxury female only dorms available with a little girly touch. Entertainment look no further! Our bar comes with the widest variety of drinks, daily events, happy hours and relaxed indoor and outdoor patio seating, where you can meet, socialise and chat with other guests. We also have large screen TV's, pool table and foosball table to have fun with family and friends. Free WIFI is available in all guest areas so getting online and keeping in touch couldn't be simpler! As a Generator Copenhagen guest you are offered:Free Wireless Internet in all Guest AreasFree Individual Lockers and LocksFree Bed Linen including Pillows, Duvet and Bed SheetsFree Luggage StorageFree Access to the Book ExchangeFree Maps and Travel TipsFree English Walking Tour every dayFree 24hour front office with no Curfew IMPORTANT: Please note that under 18 guests are not allowed to stay in shared dorms, they must book private rooms. Also photo I.D is required for all check ins. Ready to go? Getting from the airport couldn't be easier with all metro lines stopping at Kongens Nytorv in less than15 minutes. Do not let the hostel thing scare you away, it will only make you feel younger

Generator Hostel Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels