Generator Hostel Barcelona

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals

Generator Hostel Barcelona Reviews

bohemiaworld bohemiaw…
Modern, kitsch, busy and central Apr 01, 2015
I stayed here for 7 nights when I first arrived in Barcelona.

The hostel is good value for money - I paid different prices on different nights with the total price being 115e.

Sunday and Monday - 16e,

Tuesday and Wednesday - 14.50e,

Thursday- 12e,

Friday and Saturday 21e.

I didn't think that was too expensive although there are cheaper hostels in Barcelona.

Generator Hostel is very central so you can get to most touristy things and the metro easily. Located near Diagonal, you can find shops, supermarkets, cafes, bars and restaurants in close proximity.

I found the hostel to be really clean everywhere except the floor in our room which never seemed to get cleaned.

The facilities were great - free WiFi, a bar with cheap food and drink, a library area to relax in if you need quiet time and the dorms had reading lights and sockets on each bed. We had a shower room, seperate toilet in the dorm and a huge sink area between the shower and toilet rooms. There was even a hairdryer and two large mirrors. The actual room wasnt that big but the beds had lockers underneath (bring your own padlock !) and bedding was provided.It was very annoying on the first night when, after arriving late, I saw the bedding hadn't been changed on my bunk because the duvet, sheet and pillowcase were screwed up at the bottom of the bed. I had to go down to reception, which was really busy and explain and they took ages to come up and sort it out and when they did, I just got a knock on the door and some guy handed me a pile of sheets and left without saying much. I understand that they were busy but they didn't really communicate with me or say sorry. I had been travelling all day and all I wanted was to go to sleep. Their attitude was a bit wrong and I felt like I was inconveniencing them. Over the course of the week, a lot of people checked in and out and there were a few instances where the beds were double booked or the sheets not changed. The staff really need to be more organised especially when people are arriving late or leaving early. There wasn't any cooking facilities which was strange although the bar food was nice but I would have liked to have had access to a kettle.

Generally, this hostel is a great place and the decor is amazing, the facilities seemed brand new and really clean and the staff were nice but could be a little bit impatient when busy. If you aren't a party person - don't come here - it was full to the brim with Erasmus students who just partied all night and were noisy. If you want to sleep, this isn't the hostel for you.

Generator Hostel Barcelona Overview

This budget hostel is within a five minute cab ride from the heart of Barcelona.

The Generator Hostel Barcelona offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a playground, laundry facilities and a TV room for the guests. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be happy to know the hostel offers wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. Enjoy connection with the hostel's standard Wi-Fi access available, for more information speak to the reception.

Fira de Barcelona is within driving distance of the Generator Hostel Barcelona. Tours and other travel arrangements can be organized at the hostel's tour desk. Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN) is a 30 minute drive from the hostel. The hostel is within a 10 minute walk to La Pedrera Casa Mila and within a 20 minute walk is Passeig de Gracia. College of the Teresians, Glories and Cathedral of Santa Eulalia are a 10 minute drive from the hostel.

Generator Hostel Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Swimming pool
  • Elevator / Lift
  • Air Conditioned
  • TV
  • Nightclubs
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower