Generator Copenhagen

Generator Copenhagen Rates and Deals

Generator Copenhagen Reviews

kc135 kc135
Great Hostel within very short walking distance from Nyhavn. Aug 12, 2011
Ok, let me start off by saying that the only reason I'm giving this great Hostel only one star is because of an unsupportive and unhelpful piece of shit who worked at the reception. Everyone else was very kind, smiling and friendly.

What happened is my credit card stopped working in Denmark so as soon as I arrived at the hostel I asked the guy at the reception if he could charge the card instead of swiping it in the pos, so I could keep the cash for myself (at least to have dinner) until the next day when hopefully my father would send me some money. The thin red-haired guy said he couldn't and the only other option he suggested was to take a bed in a dorm (I had book a single room) and that if I wanted to stay I must pay. So I paid cash and was left with only DKK 200. On another occasion I told the girl at the desk that my father was going to call (I had received another two calls before, so she knew). A couple of seconds later the guy arrives and she explained to him that the incoming call was for me. The prick takes the call and tells the person on the phone twice that "there's no one here", both times looking at me and then the other way. Then he looks at me again, turns the other way and shouts "Is there anyone waiting for a call?" There was just me in front of him and two other teenagers on Facebook in the hall. I looked at him like "WTF, you ass-hole?"

So now you know why I gave this hostel one star. But make no mistake, Generator Hostel is a great modern facility in the heart of Copenhagen.

The only real complain I have about the facilities is breakfast. It has an extra cost of DKK 55 and it's very poor. I would suggest to have breakfast outside. Unless of course you are left with no money like me and want to make some sandwiches to take away.
drev4182 drev4182
Decent place to stay in Copenhagen Jul 31, 2011
Generator Copenhagen is a "hotel-esque" hostel that I found to be pretty enjoyable during my recent stay in Copenhagen. Having just opened earlier in the month, there was still some minor construction and detailing going on, but nothing that majorly detracted from the visit. The trip from the central train station was pretty easy, just two short metro hops. The hostel is quite large and has well furnished first level complete with a huge lounge area adjacent to the bar as well as a computer area. The furniture was all quite nice and more than you would expect at a hostel. The breakfast is quite expensive at 55 dkr, and consists of rolls, jam, some meats and cheese, cereal, and various drinks. While breakfast was nothing special, there were some pretty decent sandwiches sold at the bar all day for 15 dkr, my friend and I averaged three a day. We stayed in a six bed suite, and while slightly cramped, the beds were amazingly comfortable. Our room had a separate toilet and shower, both were nice. The one major detraction was the lack of personality which I found at several other large hostels. However, we were outgoing enough to make a few friends in the bar and still have some good times in Copenhagen. The hostel is within walking distance of most major sights. We walked to the mermaid and Christiana, and there are a fair number of bars in the area. While I wouldn't return as a solo traveler, I would definitely come back with a group of friends.
janniina janniina
Generator Hostel Copenhagen Oct 18, 2011
Great place near city centre and the shopping area is right next to it.

I stayed in 8 people dorm and there was some people living in it (they were looking for apartments) and they had some own rules which wasn't so cool.

My mattress was bad one, but I think that it was just old or someone heavy had slept it before me.

Only minus is the breakfast. It's quite expensive, but I ate it anyways and buns were very tasty.

I don't drink so no comments on that bar which is in the hostel as well.
FK27 says:
2 more characters and you would get the critic award.
Posted on: Nov 02, 2014