General Fun on the Island Nation

General Fun on the Island Nation Reviews

kat_mac27 kat_mac27
Nov 02, 2007
I have had wonderful experiences growing up on this tiny island, where I lived for 5years. For tourists it's a great introduction to Asia as the national languages include English and all aigns, road maps and even some TV channels are in English. Everyone speaks English and many citizens, especially those in the tourism industry ofen learn a second European language. The shopping is great but the nation is also filled with culture and history dating back to British colonial settlement. Culture is most apparent in the beautiful religious districs such as China Town and the 'Shop House' arcitecture of these older districts.

Even Changi Airport, famous in the region, is the most comfortable airport I have ever experienced. If you have to make a transit/stop off I would recommend Changi, I have spent 5hour tranists in that place without getting bored at all! Favourite: Foot Massages in the Beauty Spa in International Terminal One

[[There is a more involved review/ advice in my "Favourite Places" Blog linked to this review, check it out! And comments, questions, any feedback is appreciated!]]

Short Facts: -Singapore is about the size of medium European city, and smaller (in area) than my hometown Perth, WA; it is one of the few remaining city-states world wide and is the smallest country in Asia.

-Population: 4.7million, 75% Chinese

-The national dish is Fish Head soup (which is delicious)and the most common drink, Singapore Sling is just a gimmick aimed at tourists, the cocktail is not that great.

-Singapore is one of the oldest British settlments and was crucial to the spice trade with Europe
KeikoCreative says:
Singapore Sling is just a gimmick? Everywhere in the world u go u see Singapore Sling in the cocktail menu:P I think is nice, thou my favorite is Frozen Margarita:)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2009