Gelatissimo

Jakarta, Indonesia

Gelatissimo Jakarta Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Gelatissimo Aug 09, 2011
Every once in a while I have a strong craving for good ice cream, and so after walking past several ice cream parlors through a half dozen malls, we finally found the Gelatissimo.

Although it originates from the land down under, its tagline is “the real taste of Italia”. Gelatissimo's branding attempts to recreate the Florence gelato experience incorporating things like Italian music and photographs in their establishment. It serves authentic Italian gelato, gelato shakes, its signature Bambino cones and quintessentially Italian sundaes. In all, they had around 25 flavors of ice cream to choose from.

Their menu also includes Italian coffee, traditional Italian biscotti, chocolates made in Australia, as well as some light meals such as waffles. But, I was here just for the ice cream (or, in this case, the gelato), and I have to say it was really good. I had a scoop of chocolate flavored and a scoop of coffee flavored in a cone. The prices are a bit high, but I guess you have to expect that for some good ice cream.

I definitely recommend the Gelatissimo, and I will certainly be back here again.
My chocolate and coffee gelato cone
Chokk says: