Gelaterie Stam

833 42nd Street, Des Moines, IA, USA

Gelaterie Stam Des Moines Reviews

Isoinspira Isoinspi…
Apr 28, 2007
Gelato (jeh-laht-o) brings back countless memories of European travels and the joy in discovering the intense flavor and the amazing smoothness of a small rich treat called GELATO. Sometimes I believe that I traveled to Europe so many times as a result of the withdrawal I had from not being able to find gelato in Des Moines, let alone, Iowa:) So, imagine my delight in finding not one, but two gelatarias opening within two months of each other. I was in heaven, as were my other gelato-fanatic friends!

Gelaterie Stam is part of Chocolaterie Stam, which is an incredible chocolate business in Des Moines. Stam creates all of its flavors including the mouth watering peach-mango, strawberry creme, pink grapefruit, toasted almond, hazelnut, and coffee crisp as well as creme brulee. There were too many flavors to choose from, which meant that my friend and I HAD to try all of them in order to determine our selections! Yes, they let you choose as many combinations as you desire! So, I tried each and every one thinking that I would be able to narrow down the selections after trying the flavors. I was incorrect. Each flavor was fantastic, which made it even more difficult to choose 3 out of the 20 flavors that were offered!! I ended up choosing the peach-mango, pink grapefruit, and the special of the day which was this smooth dark chocolate concoction with hazelnuts and other items mixed throughout. Everything is refreshing and light with a rich quality and taste that makes even the smallest amount seem like you have eaten a larger one. It is a taste to be savored and enjoyed. :)

The place itself is located in a cute area of Des Moines, near the playhouse (a theater) as well as the infamous Beaverdale neighborhood. Gelaterie Stam is filled with comfortable couches, eccentric lamps and tables as well as an outdoor seating area perfect for groups of 2-4 people. It's painted in lovely shades featuring old school photos on the wall and ice cream cups from long ago. The staff is friendly and love what they do. It is a perfect place to come with friends, to journal, read and enjoy the perfect dessert... gelato!
jenn79 says:
Your food establishment reviews are always sooo tempting!
Posted on: Apr 29, 2007