Geja's Cafe

340 West Armitage Avenue, Chicago, IL, USA - (773) 281-9101

Geja's Cafe Chicago Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
delicious Fondu leads to bizaar dining experience Mar 29, 2011
Thanks to Groupon I went on a great night of food at Geja's Cafe in Lincoln Park. The place claims to be the most romantic resturant in chicago,I would disagree but still fairly tastey, however the real highlite was this strange fued between our waiter, and a competing waiter.

The first waiter was a big giant man, who served us initially. Suddenly this short latino man showed up, his most stunning feature was his rat tail like Obi Wan Konobi in Star Wars Episode One. He proceeded to woo us in helping us Fondu, including lighting his finger on fire for show. He was hitting on me and ignoring my date, I asked for diet coke and he brought it. The other waiter saw that we needed diet coke and went to get us some. However the other waiter got it to us first, and released a huge groan, like an elephant having an orgasm.

The decor of this resturant is dark and romantic with lots of wine bottles everywhere. One odd thing was that we were sitting in the corner and we discovered that our wall was false after we heard someone sneaze behind it.... possibly a backroom? Are there hookers, cockfights, and gambling in it? No doubt about it.

The food here is also delicious, each meal is 3 courses, first you get the fondu. Next is your main course, we got beef, chicken, and scallops, along with a plate O veggies including potatoes. So you throw it in a pot and boil it. I went all crazy and started throwing stuff in the bowl and it went nuts. However the highlight is the dessert, which has flaming chocolate that you can roast marshmellows on! Then the chocalote is edible (after the flame goes out!), and ground up graham crackers, along with lots of stuff to dip.

If you go here you have to get a reservation, they say on the weekends a week in advance. Also it'll cost you, I spent nearly 100 dollars, of fifty somalians per person. Get a groupon and it costs much less : )

Check Chicago Hotel Deals