Geiranger, Norway

Geirangerfjord Reviews

davidx davidx
First rate fjord Dec 02, 2010
The first thing I did when I first went to Geiranger was to buy sun cream - so if you thought Norway is always cold, think again!

However you get here, it is a fabulous trip to a fabulous place. Each of my blogs on Norway has one means of getting there and I expect to do a review on the road from Åndalsnes to Geiranger. here I am talking about the Geirangerfjord, once you have reached it.

For a start, forget those tour boats. You will get as good a trip by going to Hellesylt and back in the car ferry. There is a comfortable lounge with a good cafeteria and comentaries in several languages, including English.

The sides of the fjord are steep and tracks up are rare. There are a number of farms teetering on the cliffs above. The commentary has it that at one of them there was a rope up from the boat to help visitors - which was withdrawn wnenever the tax man came. One farm apparently grew apricots!

The waterfalls form a major part of the scenery. Given that one is called 'the Seven Sisters' and another 'the Bridal Veil', you might think that marriage prospects for men were good. But what about the unsuccessful suitor? he took to the bottle of course and in 'The Suitor' waterfall you can see it between his legs!
The Suitor

Related Travel Blogs About Geirangerfjord

ENGLISH VERSION CAN BE FOUND BELOW.   Rond een uur of één bereikten we een schitterend punt met uitzicht op het plaatsje Geiranger en het Geirangerfjord. Natuurlijk werden hier de nodige fot…Geiranger en het Geirangerfjord. Natuurlijk werden hier de nodige foto’s gemaakt en met het zonnetje erbij was het echt…
The best day of all
The brochure had recommended the bus ride to Geiranger and this sounded as good as anything for the first day. All transport starts at the same place, the bus stops all being just outside the station…Geirangerfjord. When I arrived in Geiranger, my first action was the purchase of some sun cream. It was very necessary…
Geiranger fjord de mooiste van allemaal (?) // Geiranger the fairest of all fjords (?)
English version can be found below! Na het uitzicht bewonderd te hebben reden we door naar Linge waar we op tijd aankwamen voor het pontje dat ons in 15 minuten over zou zetten naar Eidsdal. Om half…Geirangerfjord. Schitterend mooi. Via de nodige haarspeldbochten bereikten we het (vreselijk toeristische) dorp Geiranger om aan de andere kant weer…

Check Geiranger Hotel Deals