Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center Rates and Deals

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center Nashville Reviews

crystalware crystalw…
Beautiful hotel and great convention center Jan 18, 2012
This place is nothing short of amazing. I stayed here for 3 nights for business and used the convention center services. Both the hotel and the convention center were impeccable.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. And the hotel was amazing and gorgeous! My room had a beautiful view from the balcony that overlooked the delta lobby area. The beds were very comfy and the feather pillows were fantastic. There was a seperate wash area outside the bathroom with a small sink. The bathroom itself would be my only issue and even it wasn't anything terrible. It was just a basic bathroom with a single sink and bathtub/shower combo. I would have preferred a big tub to relax in, especially for the price of the room.

The gardens throughout the hotel are beautiful and maintained by a staff of 20 gardeners onsite. There are lots of streams and waterfalls throughout and even a river with a boat ride. The boat ride isn't thrilling. It could be romantic at night with all the lights and the stars shining through the glass ceiling but for $9.50 per person, it wasn't worth it in my opinion.

The hotel is a 15 minute cab ride from downtown or you can get car service from the hotel that will drop you off and schedule a pick up time for a flat fee of $30 each way. There is also a van service to and from the airport for a flat fee.

Oddly enough I didn't get any photos of the inside of my room and the few photos I got of the hotel were taken with my camera phone so I apologize for the low quality.
The view from my balcony. You can …
More gardens.
Waterfalls in the hotel.
One of many gazebo's throughout th…
JeffreyTN JeffreyTN
Opryland Hotel Mar 19, 2011
Opryland Hotel is a very nice place to stay all year, but during Christmas season they decorate the hotel with so many Christmas lights! I would recommend this hotel for anyone that can afford the prices.
TravellingAuntie Travelli…
Simply, luxuriously Incredible Apr 24, 2010
Incredible - incredibly expensive and incredibly well decorated with a lush, jungle type interior with a soaring glass ceiling surrounded by the very well appointed rooms. An incredible selection of restaurants within the hotel, bars, shopping - you name it. It's more like a town than a hotel. Be prepared to get lost!

If you don't stay here, at least come for a visit - have a drink and stroll the beautiful walkways & skywalks throughout the interior. It's quite an experience.

First class service, Five star hotel.

dolcetlb dolcetlb
A City Within A Hotel Feb 14, 2009
I stayed in this hotel back in August 2008, while attending a job related conference. Once I arrived, I stood on a long line to check in. But in all fairness, the wait was not that bad; considering that they were not only hosting my conference but two others as well as the usual tourists.

First of all, this hotel is gigantic! It's so large that at check-in, every guest is given a map that shows how to get to your room. And trust me, you can easily get turned around. This hotel is divided into three sections: Cascades, Magnolia and Delta - in addition to the actual convention center. In the Delta section they have an actual riverboat ride.

The hotel has interior rooms, with views of the many gardens and waterfalls, and exterior rooms with views of the city. I was assigned an interior room in the Cascades section of the hotel. Personally, I did not mind. However, the room only had a partial view of the the beautiful interior.

My room was clean and the bed was fantastic. The only problem I had was the old stain in carpet that looked like someone had spilled nail polish. I just thought that a hotel of this level should have done better with the stain removal. My other disappointment was with the elevators. They seemed a little old, carpet a bit worn and the interior mirrors looked like they were peeling. Maybe they were suppose to look that way. I don't know.

This hotel has number of restaurants, shops, an arcade and a spa. The staff was very courteous. The hotel is about 20 minutes from downtown Nashville and is in walking distance of the Grand Ole Opry.

Despite the few negative things that I mentioned, this hotel is very much worth the stay. Should you ever find yourself in the country music capital you won't be disappointed at the Gaylord.
View from my room's window
dolcetlb says:
You are both welcome. I'm glad you liked the review!
Tinktinkie says:
Nice review and Thanks for sharing!
Glynnes says:
Very information and thanks!

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels