Gaucho's Steakhouse

Panama City, Panama

Gaucho's Steakhouse Panama City Reviews

caymanjim caymanjim
Gaucho's Steakhouse Apr 18, 2011
We found this place after our first choice (Masala, an Indian restaurant) was unable to accommodate us when we arrived (no reservations…), and followed a recommendation from a patron we talked with briefly.

An excellent steakhouse, with very reasonable prices and very good food. I ordered the beef sweetbreads for an appetizer. Our waiter was all smiles when I ordered it and said it was a house specialty. I have wanted to try this dish for some time, and they were outstanding, tender and delicious.

For the entrée’ I had a 16 oz. boneless rib-eye with garlic mashed potatoes which was perfectly cooked to medium rare, a very good cut, but I have had better. A rib-eye should be a bit more tender and lacked some marbleazation which would have significantly improved it. Liz and Konnick (a fellow TravBuddy who was working a short assignment in Panama City, who joined us) were also very pleased with the meal. We all had dessert afterwards and they have an excellent selection. I had the coconut flan which was delicious.

Overall, if you want a good steak in Panama City, look this place up… you will not be disappointed. I give it 3/5 for good food, reasonable prices and good service as well as very decent portions. Check it out if you are in Panama City, Panama.

Check Panama City Hotel Deals