Gatwick White House Hotel Horley

Gatwick White House Hotel Horley Rates and Deals

Gatwick White House Hotel Horley Reviews

1morespicy 1morespi…
Stay somewhere else. Sep 15, 2009
As Aaron and his sister Kerry were traveling down from Edinburgh we thought it would be smart to stay at the airport the night before so we could have a few drinks and a catch up.

We picked the White house hotel because of the location and because it included a free shuttle service and breakfast and at a decent price.

From the outside it looked ok but on the inside it was a whole different story.

We had two rooms booked and ended up on different floors. Lucky for us though, the walls and floors were that hollow that we could shout up to them and they would hear us, saving the phone call.

General cleanliness was very poor. I checked both rooms and there were various, suspicious stains on beds and walls. The boys had the better shower as it was cable tied on to prevent having to hold it up.

The morning breakfast was an experience. Half of the room was off limits due to a roof leak. The waiter looked more like a builder and the breakfast was tiny.

There are so many hotels around Gatwick and the price tends to be about the same for B&B but this one was awful. No one got any sleep due to the thin walls. Stay somewhere else!!
Dodgy stain on bed
Filthy floor by the sink
gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Better than expected Jan 17, 2009
I'd read tons of rather negative reviews on hotels.com and other sites, but decided to book anyway. My only requirements were airport shuttle, breakfast included, and cleanliness. This one had all those.

It's location was only about 15 minutes away from Gatwick. The shuttle service was included- you just ring the hotel from the hotels phone outside the terminal and they'll leave. The room was satisfactory- good size, comfortable bed, and clean. Bathroom was small but functionable.

The hotel has a restaurant on the premises, that serves dinner and breakfast. Dinner had a lot of curries and some traditional English food, while breakfast was typical continental- cereal, bread, jam, juice, etc. You could pay extra for warm stuff.

Overall, a good place for one night.
The room.
The cool keys.
HeatherHop HeatherH…
The worst hotel ever. Jun 05, 2007
It has been 2 years since I actually stayed at this place, but the vivid memory of my horrid experience in this hotel is one that will stay with me for years to come.

It was my honeymoon and we were headed to Italy. Our plane was originally scheduled to fly us into Milan, and we were to take a train into Venice, but there were engine troubles and we managed to change our flights last minute to take us to Boston, then to London Heathrow. From London we would take a car into Gatwick, stay the night, and fly to Venice in the morning.

We had never planned to stay in Gatwick, but circumstances being as they were, we found ourselves spending the night in this town without a hotel reservation. Being the short notice that it was, we found a place as quickly as we could to bunk down for one evening.

My experience there made me wonder why people would choose to run a hotel as their family business if the thing they hated the most in the world was running a hotel and interacting with people.

We arrived after a long and stressful journey, tired and hungry. After checking in and going up to our room (which was dirty and dingy), we decided that since we were in England for the evening we might as well go find ourselves a pub to hang out at for a beer and dinner. We approached the guy behind the front counter and inquired where we could find a pub in town. His response to that was to glare at us and not say a word. Feeling uncomfortable, we decided to go out and try to find one ourselves, so we went walking. We did eventually find one, had some dinner, and then headed back to the hotel.

Upon arriving back at our lovely new home for the evening at the late late hour of 8pm, we discovered that they had locked the front door to the hotel. The owners were sitting at a table inside, chatting with one another, so we knocked on the door for them to let us in.

They noticed us knocking and looked up, looked at me straight in the eyes, and then went back to doing what they were doing. Appalled, I kept knocking and knocking, but not one of them budged from their seat.

At this, I started knocking louder, harder, and more constantly. I kept knocking and knocking and shouting at them through the door until I finally annoyed one of them into letting us in. Upon opening the door for us, they just glared at us.

I didn't sleep well that night, on account of the uncomfortable beds, the strange smell in the room, and the fact that the walls were so paper thin that I could hear all conversations happening on our entire floor.

In the morning, we had a driver come and pick us up to take us to the airport, out of this horrible place. The hotel worker actually had the gall to ask for a tip after that evening!

Don't believe me?

Search Google for "Gatwick White House Reviews"

Gatwick White House Hotel Horley Overview

The Gatwick White House Hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Gatwick Airport. Horley town center is within 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel and benefits from numerous shops.. Restaurants and pubs. Nearby Horley Railway Station provides access to Gatwick Airport.. And regular trains to London Victoria Station within 35 minutes by Gatwick Express. The Gatwick White House Hotel provides the perfect opportunity to start or finish your journey in a warm relaxing and friendly atmosphere with in-house bar and restaurant with curries and English traditional dishes. For Transportation from Gatwick airport.. Go to the ground floor following the signs of Courtesy coaches.. Under the sign there is yellow color free telephone and free phone number 64101 is written over there for white house hotel. Transfers are included in the price from 6am to 11pm and after 11pm it is still available at cost of 5.00GBP per room. Full English Breakfast is available from 7am to 845am for 6.50GBP unless included. For early departures continental breakfast is available from 5am on request. To facilitate your stay hotel has in house restaurant with Indian curries.. English traditional dishes and lots of snacks. Also bar is available in the hotel. Restaurant timings 6pm to 10pm and Bar timings 6pm to 11pm. All rooms are strictly non-smoking. Smoking area is in bar lounge with sky TV. Parking is available on site of hotel for 4.00GBP per night. You can reserve it by contacting Gatwick White House Hotel by phone +44 1293 402777 or fax-+44 1293 424135 or e-mail office-at-gwhh.com Complimentary ... Shuttle service to and from Gatwick Airport from 6am until midnight ... First night off-street car parking . The Gatwick White House Hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Gatwick Airport. Horley town center is within 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel and benefits from numerous shops.. Restaurants and pubs. Just 5 mins from gatiwck north terminal.

Gatwick White House Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower