Gateway Travel Plaza

Intersection of I-70 and I-76, Breezewood, PA, USA

Gateway Travel Plaza Breezewood Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Aug 07, 2007
So I came here on my trip to DC with my mom back in May and this time we stopped here on the way back from Philadelphia. It is a very good rest stop... well, actually it has everything there so they call it a Travel Plaza. You can get your car serviced, find lodging, eat good food that tastes home made... or maybe I think that just because I was starving and everything tastes homemade at this point!

Their mission, as stated on their web page is "In the early days, the "Gateway" was a solitary haven for travelers. Today, it rubs shoulders with other travel centers, restaurants, fast-food outlets, retail locations, and is part of the TravelCenters of America network. One thing has remained the same - our tradition of giving wearly travelers a place to rest and refresh."

The restaurant is 24 hours a day...and is very good, the buffet has a huge selection and is great for if you are in a hurry but don't want fast food! But if you do want something name brand there's a subway, dairy queen and Domino's Pizza. If you don't want to eat but need to pick up some needed products that you forgot you can stop of at radio shack, a convenience store or a gift shop. And there are also a TV lounge, arcade and game room.
The Gateway travel plaza at the in…
pinchora says:
yeah it's interesting that I wrote about all of these gas stations... I only thought I had 3 to put in the list... and then I was going through all my reviews and found 5! I wonder how many more I can stumble upon!
Posted on: Jun 22, 2009
diisha392 says:
I drive past this Travel Center on most of my trips between Ohio and Maryland! I don't stop in Breezewood much anymore though; Hagerstown, MD is less crowded for me.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2009