Gateway Inn

Check San Antonio Hotel Deals

Gateway Inn San Antonio Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
perks of being in the 'service' Oct 16, 2013
I just want to correct the name of the hotel. It is NOT "Gateway Inn" but it is "Gateway Villa". Although, both hotels are located in the same military base in Lackland Airforce Base, San Antonio Texas.

We were driving inside the base to go to the BEX when I spotted Gateway Villa around the corner. I told my sister we try inquiring although I wasn’t expecting we would be accommodated due to the upcoming BMT graduation. I was pretty sure the hotel must be fully booked. Surprisingly and fortunately, we were able to booked a room and it was the General Suite! How sweet! :)

This place is absolutely great. For only US$60.00/room/night we had the most by par stay!

The suite has two bedrooms, 2 walk-in closets, 2 bathrooms, 2 kitchenettes, dining table with four chairs, an office corner and a living room.

Both bedrooms are furnished with queen beds, flat screen televisions cased in entertainment armors, 2 side tables with drawers, table lamps, ceiling fans (also a centralized AC/heater), air purifier, alarm clocks, and telephones.

Both walk-in closets have shelves, hangers, laundry bags, flat iron and ironing boards.

The two bathrooms I would say may need some upgrading to match with the suite’s modern amenities. But who would care? Both bathrooms are immaculate clean and well supplied with clean and fluffy towels, shampoos, body soaps, body lotion and of course a hair-dryer. There are plenty of drawers too in the bathroom.

The kitchenettes are furnished with refrigerators – one that is stacked with for sale sodas, beers, juices, wines and some snacks. The other fridge is emptied for guests to use. An ice maker and a “kurig” coffee maker is a sure plus! The kitchen cabinets and drawers are stacked with dining plates, dining utensils, pots & pans, cooking utensils, drinking glasses and wine glasses too. The round dining table has four chairs.

The mini office is equipped with printer, fax machine/telephone, a swivel chair. There are electrical plugs or outlets all around. The free Wi-Fi has a lightning speed.

The living room is furnished with a flat screen television, a DVD player, a few DVD movies, a leather love-seat, side table and a coffee table.

It is not just the suite that is fantastic but the hotel lobby is also awesome. There is free coffee, tea or hot cocoa at the lobby anytime of the day/night and you can choose from different flavors. During daytime guests with small children (or even the adults, too) may enjoy fresh popcorn, free!

The suite we stayed has a separate parking space which is just out there by the doorstep.

The staffs are very friendly and accommodating – from the reservation department to the receptionists and the housekeeping staffs, all of them delivered a good customer service!

The only thing I wish they have would be free breakfasts! However, there are decent places to eat nearby if you are lazy to cook.

I am not sure if they have a swimming pool but they do have a physical fitness room and also a conference room that can accomodate about 30 people.

I gave a 5 star raiting for "location" because if you are staying for BMT graduation or for PCS, Gateway Inn is centrally located. Lackland Air Force Base is only 20 minutes away by car to/from San Antonio downtown via Interstate 90 and 35.
the check-in counter
only a corner of the lobby
gingerbatik says:
good value for money
Posted on: Jan 13, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Thank you for the comments Allie and Hasan. Vance, I know it is hard to correct once you have finalized the posting...
Posted on: Jan 02, 2014