Gateway Hotel

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Gateway Hotel Singapore Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Quiet Neighborhood but Easy Access Sep 22, 2009
Since it was my first time to go abroad, I still was not dare to stay at a hostel. I still felt more comfortable to stay at a hotel. Staying at a hotel in Singapore is not cheap. I was looking for hotels within my budget but I got information from my friends that mostly they are at the red zone :P

In short, a friend of mine found this hotel and offered me. The main reason was this hotel is within my budget, not at the red zone, and the location is strategic.

I was lucky, at Changi I met a girl who was also waiting for the same bus. She told me where to alight. The hotel is closed to a bus stop. It is only 10 minutes slow walk. I was dragging my suitcase that time ;D

The room is big enough and comfortable enough. It is not fancy but I am satisfied of it. What I like the most is my room faces to a housing. The environment is comfortable for me. Around the hotel, there are many muslim's shops and restaurants. It is a muslim neighborhood.

What I don't know is whether the hotel serve breakfast or not :P Cause I didn't see any coffe shop or a restaurant inside the hotel and I didn't have any intention to dine in the hotel.

The hotel is also quite closed to a train station. Even, in front of it there is a club, the neighborhood is quiet enough.
The entrance
The lobby
The room from the door side
The room from the window side
YantiSoeparno says:
Yes Erna, it is true. The fact, I dragged my suitcase from the hotel to the station and it was showering. But, I still could walk easily and happily ;D

Yes Harry, they have it. I want to try it but it is out of my budget :-(
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009
ErnaButterfly says:
I've stayed at this hotel before. Good value, as it is cheaper than standard hotel prices in SG and not in Geylang area.
A bit walk to the MRT station though, but not too bad..
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009

Gateway Hotel Overview

This artfully restored 4-storey boutique hotel with 82 guest rooms is the perfect getaway for both leisure travelers and local visitors. It has retained its nostalgic charm without compromising on modern facilities.

An affordable hotel in the civic district of Singapore just a stones-ns throw away from the Malay Village, it fits snugly amongst the traditional shop houses along a thriving hub of Joo Chiat Road. You will be captivated with the vivacity of a convenient location amidst a rich heritage of old-world charm.

The air-conditioned guest rooms are well equipped with color cabled TV, IDD telephone, complimentary use of coffee/tea making facilities, self coded in-room electronic safe, sensor touch bedroom control panel and en-suite bathroom with shower. Internet connectivity and a self-laundry room are provided at our lobby for your convenience and usage.

A mere 15-minute drive to the airport and the city, traveling anywhere is a breeze with an excellent public transport system. For business travelers and individuals on budget, you will appreciate the combination of Comfort, Accessibility and Affordability at Gateway Hotel, Singapore.

Gateway Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • En suite
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas

Related Travel Blogs About Gateway Hotel

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…hotel and checked out before heading to a pancake house for breakfast.   Not a bad consultation prize.   As I sat reading a particularly unhelpful and disinteresting tourist book…

Check Singapore Hotel Deals