Gaststätte & Pension

19 Große Kirchgasse, Annaberg-Buchholz, Germany
03733 24417
Gaststätte & Pension  - Zum Türmer, Annaberg: View from my window
Gaststätte & Pension  - Zum Türmer, Annaberg
Gaststätte & Pension  - Zum Türmer, Annaberg. my room (with laundry;-)

Gaststätte & Pension Annaberg-Buchholz Reviews

Kathrin_E Kathrin_E
Next to Annenkirche Feb 09, 2017
"Zum Türmer" is located in the heart of Annaberg's old town next to Annenkirche. I classify the place as inn because it has a restaurant and is a locally owned and regionally themed place. Upstairs they have a couple of plain rooms.

The location is comparatively quiet because there is little traffic in those small streets. There are, however, the church bells that ring the half and full hours day and night. My room faced the courtyard so I did not hear that much of them, though.

I had the (only?) single room which proved to be tiny tiny. I am not one who needs large rooms but this was really a bit too narrow even for my taste. The double room seem to be notably larger, judging from the ground plan with the fire escape route in my room.

The bathroom (shower) has recently been modernized, that was fine. Ventilation did not work too well, though, towels and laundry would not dry in there.

IMHO also a minus: breakfast is served no earlier than 8 a.m. Quite late if you plan a day trip and have a bus or train to catch. The lunch pack they gave me the night before for that day wasn't too convincing either.

The big plus of the place is its location: in the square next to Annenkirche and Erzgebirgsmuseum, in the very centre of the old town. Another advantage is the low price.

Also worth mentioning: the restaurant with regional food in abundance and good quality for low prices. If you want to try local dishes of the Ore Mountains, I recommend their restaurant.
Zum Türmer, Annaberg
Zum Türmer, Annaberg. my room (wi…

Check Annaberg-Buchholz Hotel Deals