Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit

2300 Northeast University Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA - (612) 781-3860

Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit Minneapolis Reviews

Seira07 Seira07
Beer and Bratwusrt Nov 03, 2011
This place is octuberfest every weekend. They also have a meter bratwusrt challenge, one of Gasthof specialty! Enjoy a gigantic METER (equal to 3 feet!) of grilled German Bratwurst. Very Good!!

Served with sauerkraut. Receive a certificate after completing the meal!
Enjoy a gigantic METER (equal to 3…
Receive a certificate after comple…
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Wunderbar! Jul 23, 2008
The Gasthof is a little off the beaten path but it is a wonderful hidden gem in Minneapolis. The large restaurant is decorated to look like a restaurant in Germany and the menu has many traditional German foods (with the menu items in German and descriptions in English).

When I arrived, Michael (moon_over_michael) was already seated and a man in lederhosen was playing the accordian and wandering from table to table. He had ordered an appetizer (sausage platter) and there was a loaf of delicious bread on the table. I ordered a beer and soon Julie (pinchora) arrived.

I ordered the Kaseschnitzel (pork with cheese sauce, SpƤtzle and vegetable). It was delicious! And more food than I could eat in one meal! Julie ordered a meal with pork in a mushroom sauce and Michael had a sampler platter with chicken, pork, and sausage. We sampled eachother's meals and everything was delicious!

The accordian player was very personable and spent a lot of time talking to us and taking requests. After dinner we celebrated Michael's "birthday" and then had an after-dinner Schnapps that was nowhere near as strong as the real German after-dinner Schnapps. And after that we all had a sniff from the Snifter thing. Our waitress poured a little raspberry flavored snuff on a wooden paddle and snapped a hammer down while we inhaled. Yikes! That stuff stung my nose and made my eyes water!

The restaurant closed at 10 pm, but they didn't kick us out until 10:30. It was a fun night filled with delicious food and great entertainment. The restaurant wasn't very busy because it was the middle of the week but it gets much more lively on weekends. The
Gasthof entrance
Doing the chicken dance
accordian player
interior of Gasthof
pinchora pinchora
Authentic German Food Jul 23, 2008
Gasthof's is a great German restaurant in Minneapolis. The restaurant is very big and the inside gives the german feel with the way the hall is designed to look like a little town.

When I got ther Alyssa (alyssa_ob) and Michael (moon_over_michael) were already seated and started on a beer and appetizer. The waitress (Lucy) was really awesome and patient with us. She came back to see if we wanted to order and it took us about an hour to figure out what we wanted and to shut our mouths to do so! I got the Geschnetzeltes which was spitzle with a pork and mushroom sauce and cabbage. It was really really delicious!

There was also a guy who plays the accordion walking from table to table. He was really personable and was able to make anybody laugh. He read his crowd very easily. He asked for requests... I got the Pennsylvania polka played for me, Alyssa got a song sung in german for her and Micheal requested She's too fat for me in memory of The_Bill since he couldn't be there. He also took interest into our stories and even sat through me talking about Groundhog's day... now that was impressive. He taught us about the accordion and how it worked and answered alot of our stupid questions.

In fact... I have to say that this restaurant is the epitamy of the "Minnesota Nice" because apparently they close at 10PM but didn't kick us out until 10:30PM... we were so into the evening we lost track of time!
to see him actually sing look at t…
me with my Geschetzeltes
Andy99 says:
I like the restaurant's name!
Posted on: Jul 25, 2008