Gasthaus Emmi

Check Vandans Hotel Deals

Gasthaus Emmi Vandans Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
A Defining Guesthouse Feb 05, 2007
I promised when I originally posted my notes on my trip to the Montafon Valley that if I found the details about the little guesthouse I stayed at then I would post a review, so here it is.

This cosy little place is run by a couple which justifiably have a great deal of pride in their little guesthouse. It is cosy, friendly and the epitomy of a family run acoommodation. It is exceptionally clean, there are onloy about 3 or 4 rooms available, so it's not likely to be overcrowded at anytime, but maybe full if you book peak season.

We were picked up and dropped off at the station by the male owner of the Pension, and this sort of helpful and personal touch was prevalent throughout our stay here. They do not speak any English at all, so a smattering of German is essential. We managed to chat to them on a few occassions, and asked for their advice and directions, relying on their knowledge and genuine keeness to ensure we had an enjoyable stay.

Although the facilities a basic, they are all there, en-suite room, clean and comfortable with a television and balcony. A ski/boot room, laundry facilities at a modest extra charge, a garden for relaxing in the good weather and a breakfasting room.

Breakfast is a continental style, with cereal/muesli, fresh rolls, cheese, sliced meats, jam, marmalade, honey, tea/coffee and fruit juices. No frills, but very nice all the same and unlike larger hotels, they don't mind you taking a few extra rolls and things for a packed lunch. They were also very quick to react to our preferences, if we didn't really eat something it was removed the next day and replaced with the things we obviously preferred.

It's located around nearly 200m from the ski lifts, so not right next to the door but easily walkable. It is smack bang in the centre of town so convenient for all facilities, the bakery, post office, bank, restaurants and shops. Though Vandans isn't a large village but it does have enough to keep all but the most people amused for an evening. It is also within walkig distance of the larger towns in the valley, which are strung out along the road/railway.

When we were there although it was supposed to be the height of the ski season, there was very little of the white stuff. The weather was beautiful, certainly a pleasant spring which felt almost like summer. This enables us to get a feel for what the place is like in summer with plenty of trails around for walking or biking.

The final night in the Pension was spent with the owners sharig a bottle of their red wine and having a bit of a chat. Very pleasant and it didn't feel in the least bit contrived, genuine friendliness and warmth, demonstrating the personal approach which we had come to appreciate throughout our stay there.

I can thoroughly recommend this guesthouse, what it lacks in facilities it more than makes up for with character and cosyness. I definately intend to visit one day to reacquaint myself with some dear friends.
A view from the garden
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Can't have everything, still had a good time and definately better for my travelling companion!
Posted on: Sep 14, 2008