Gasterij De Gelegenheid

26 Vrijthof, Hilvarenbeek, Netherlands

Gasterij De Gelegenheid Hilvarenbeek Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Gasterij de Gelegenheid Feb 20, 2013
I looked some places up. As I am a vegetarian I didn't want to go somewhere were I would have no choice or where they would serve cheese/goat cheese as the vegetarian meal ( I don't like cheese.. that's why) and I also didn't want to ask if they would make me something that was not on the menu. So I looked this one up and after spending a day in the zoo we were hungry so we could use a good meal :-).

The restaurant is quit big, something I wouldn't have guessed from the outside. High ceilings, which I love. Table's aren't to close to each other so you're not bothering the other guest while standing up or re seating on your chair.

We got a fish thing (see picture) before we even started our bread and butter. I don't eat fish but my husband liked it.

For starters we both had soup. He had a onion soup and I, as usual, got the tomato soup. IT WAS AMAZING!! Damn, I have never tasted a soup like that! As you can tell, I loved it ;-).

After soup my husband got a steak and I got a vegetarian wrap. They served it with a side salad, mayonnaise and fries.

Service was good, the waitresses were nice and friendly. They came to check during meals, just to ask if everything was ok or if we wanted something to drink. Sometimes that bothers me but this time it didn't.

We payed 59.75 (euros). We both had starter and a main course, no dessert just tea. We had a total of 5 drinks and we did get bread and butter before the starter. I think the price was right and that it was more then worth it!!

Gasterij de Gelegenheid is situated on a town square. So when weather is good you can have a lovely dinner, or lunch, outside.
steak