Garrido's

Garrido's - the oyster appetizer

Garrido's Austin Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Austin's Best Tacos Apr 16, 2010
I met David, the owner and Chef, at the Wine Festival in Austin and decided I would like to try the rest of his menu. What a delightful surprise the entire experience turned out to be. The decor is so unexpected on the patio, like being in a lush jungle in the middle of downtown. Although it was pouring rain when I went, you could still appreciate the beauty and the creek running below and the fountain cascading softly outside. The food was outstanding, the coffee marinated ribeye tacos a great new take, and the lobster migas tasty and perfectly served. David offered me a great oyster app and it was out of this world. You will also be in for a great surprise when you bite into their refried black beans. They have a nice anise flavor to them. All the cooked to order food was well presented and at reasonable prices. My waitress was attentive without hovering.

The only drawback I experienced was parking. You will have to park and walk a bit, but it will be well worth it. A perfect experience and I can't wait to return at night, to see all the trees lit up.‎
Garridos