Garni - Technikerhaus

Check Innsbruck Hotel Deals

Garni - Technikerhaus Innsbruck Reviews

planxty planxty
An expensive disappointment Jun 07, 2017
I had booked this place online so sight unseen obviously for two night's and I knew as soon as I walked in the door that it was not for me, it is neither hostel nor even no-stars hotel, it is an institution. I do not know what exactly it is but I took an immediate dislike to it. Yes, a lot of this information is straight off the main blog but I just wanted to put it all together in one place here rather than have it scattered about over three blog pages.

What a difference a day makes as they say. The room was pretty spartan although clean and comfortable enough and the toilet / shower facilities were communal. When I consider what I had left that morning in Kempten im Allgau for marginally less money, it made me think that Innsbruck, even off season for the wintersports for which it is famous, might turn out to be an expensive decision and so it proved.

There is a restaurant / bar attched here but I never once saw it open. It seems they only use it as the breakfast room as far as I can tell. "Catering " is provided by a hot drinks machine and a cold vending machine. I saw no evidence of a kitchen or even a microwave oven. In the interests of fair reporting the wifi is excellent and it has a good location within easy walking distance to the centre.

I quite liked Innsbruck and I thought I would stay another night and so I went to the reception to be told the price had gone up from €65 to €70 without any reason given. Sorry, I was not going to pay that kind of money for that kind of room. I can do better in London!

A quick pack and I was gone. Believe me I won't be back.
Ils1976 says:
when travelling you sometimes have disappointments as well ... sadly enough sometimes they cost alot of money! :(
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017