Garfunkel's Restaurant

6 Sherwood St, London, United Kingdom

Garfunkel's Restaurant London Reviews

HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
MMM...Pizza Sep 03, 2009
Garfunkels appears to be a chain, or a local chain, or something like that. The first one I saw was when I was in Leicester Square searching for places to eat before going to see Lion King. I thought it sounded pretty good and stepped inside.

Garfunkel’s is a nice restaurant that serves, among other things, pizza and pasta. I ordered a pizza that was covered in all kinds of meat. There was even sloppy joe meat on it, which was a first for me on a pizza. I had never considered the idea of sloppy joe on a pizza before, but it worked really well and was really good. It complemented the other meats on the pizza very well. I had taken what I thought was a good picture of it, sadly it turned out really blurred. My bad.

I was going to just leave it at dinner and be on my way until I saw a few people eating sundaes at a nearby table. I couldn’t resist, so I ordered something called a Profiterole Sundae. I had no idea what profiteroles were, so I asked the waiter who described them as little chunks of cake with cream inside which sounded interesting. The profiteroles were topped with a fair amount of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce and some kind of cookie on top. I think I’d have preferred it if the ice cream had been chocolate as well, but it was awfully good.
The Profiterole Sundae
X_Drive X_Drive
Close to Piccadilly Circus May 31, 2005
Very close to Piccadilly Circus in London is Garfunkel's Restaurant. We had lunch there while on our break between tours. After going we were a little worried about what looked more upscale than we had expected. We were seated right in the front window area at a very nice table. We decided on each having a chicken, mozzarella, and tomato sandwich and a fresh salad, along with a soft drink. Our order was taken quickly and the young waiter gave us very rapid service. I can only say good things about all of the review criteria: service, price, food, cleanliness, and surroundings.

Check London Hotel Deals