Garfo e Bombacha

Estrada do Carracol Km 5, Canela, Brazil

Garfo e Bombacha Canela Reviews

polvandenwirre polvande…
Touristic and tasty gaucho dinner Apr 03, 2008
Vegetarians can stop reading this. This is a review about a churrascaria, where meat is the mean course, in fact the only course in all kinds of varieties. I don't know how much I ate and what kind of parts, but I guess it must be cow, because we're in one of the biggest cattle-rearing countries in the world.

Churrascaria Garfo & Bombacha is located north of the villages Gramado and Canela, near Parque da Cascato do Caracol in the most southern Brazilian state Rio Grande do Sul. This traditional Gaúcho restaurant houses in a big wooden building aside the road. You pay a fixed price and can eat as much as you like.

After entering, a traditional dressed gaúcho waiter passed me a pot of mate tea. Actually I'm not a tea lover; mate tastes horrible, but ok it's tradition...I did drink some.

The restaurant had some long tables (like in the German October Fest tents) with on one side a big open grill. Some excellent churrasco was served; steak roasted on the spit over an open fire or grill and sprinkled with salt water. The meat was constantly handed round. Very populair were cuts of loin - alcatra, picanha, maminha, contra-filé and filé-mignon. The meat was served with farioca (manioc flour), rice and a vinaigrette sauce of onions, tomatoas, parsley, oil, vinegar and salt.

While enjoying this delicious dinner the everything was completed by a show of typical gaúcho music and dance. The show was very professional; musicians and dancers were dressed for the occasion. In fact, I liked it very much.

Thus the restaurant offered an unforgettable combination of food and entertainment and I wouldn't have to eat the next few days anymore...
Garfo & Bombacha logo