Gardens by the Bay

18 Marina Gardens Drivem, Singapore, Singapore

Gardens by the Bay Singapore Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Gardens by the Bay Mar 24, 2015
Gardens by the Bay is a tourist attraction in the Marina Bay area of Singapore, in the shadow of the triple tower of the Marina Bay Sands hotel. It’s one of the more distinctive gardens I’ve visited, dominated by the weird “supertrees”; giant steel towers with vines and orchids trained up the outside, linked by a walkway.

Access to the gardens themselves is free, although you pay admission for the high level walkway and the greenhouses. The free parts of the garden are very nice. There is a lot of art, including a herd of stone buffalo (which I liked) and a floating baby (which I didn’t). It’s a lovely green space on the edge of the city, and there are some informative signs around the place. It’s all still very new at the moment, and not quite as beautiful or as peaceful as the older Botanic Gardens, but it’s a very nice place to visit. I especially enjoyed walking out to the edge of the barrage and watching the kites.

The high level walkway costs $5. I’m a sucker for a viewpoint and really enjoyed it, but it’s quite short for the money. I’d do it again, though, and it’s fun seeing the attempt at growing a big vertical rainforest garden from the inside of the towers. I didn’t pay to go into the greenhouses, so I can’t comment on them.

Disabled access seemed quite good. There are, of course, gift shops and refreshment stalls, and a couple of restaurants.
Travel2014 says:
Had to chuckle at the buffalo and floating baby mark. Am sure I would have shared your sentiments.. :)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2015
Cessy Cessy
Garden by the Bay worth to see Nov 02, 2015
*With so beautiful scenery that I saw, I think 28 SGD is quite cheap and really worth my money and time.

*Take MRT and stop in Bayfront.

*Because I was quite tired, my legs really felt like gonna break (because 1 day before I went to Garden by the bay, I was at USS, played all day) and also because I'm type of person kinda afraid of my skin getting darker and i was a solo traveler, so I choose to take shuttle service (Price 2 SGD). I recommend you better just go by walk (Around 10 mins) while enjoying the view around.

*Bring jacket / sweater / etc if you can't stand cold.
tour_guy tour_guy
World class tropical garden in the City! Apr 08, 2014
The Gardens by The bay, one of the latest attractions of the Singapore in the recent years, a place with an impressive collaboration of the nature and human creativity, not a science fiction movie set, but it's real and it's an amazing garden with living trees, plants, birds and insects!

The uniqueness of this garden is the creative design, the arrangement of beautiful lush green trees, plants, flowers, ponds, the fabulous vertical garden of Supertrees, gardens from different countries and with an excellent view of the bay, the city skyline and the giant Ferris flyer wheel!

Interestingly, the garden itself has several attractions such as Flower Dome, Sun Pavilion, Cloud Forest, Supertree Grove and DragonFly Lake, to name few, each of it with a specific theme.

The entry and walking along the external garden areas is free of charge, which I did, however, to enter in to the Flower Dome, Cloud Forest, going to the top of the supertree and for some other attractions, there is a fee. Attraction tickets are available at the visitor center or online (@ http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg) or at the entrance of the specific attraction.

It will be little hard to walk the whole garden during a sunny/humid day, so the better time might be to go would be in morning or in the evening/night. Better to carry enough water, as it may make very thirsty walking around during humid weather.

I have seen photos of the garden in the night which looked wonderful with colorful lighting, unfortunately, I did not find time to go there during evenings or night time.

Reaching the garden from the city center is pretty easy as there is a MRT station access by the garden. Moreover, taxi ride to the garden from the city is not expensive either and faster as well. There is a taxi stand by the entrance of the garden, so getting back to any location of the city should not be problem.

There are food stalls, restaurant around the entrance of the garden and rest rooms all around, so nothing to worry about.

It is certainly a perfect place and unique to Singapore to have a break from the hustle and bustle!
Supertrees - Gardens by the Bay, S…
Supertrees - Gardens by the Bay, S…
@ Gardens by the Bay, Singapore
tour_guy says:
Brian, Cicie - Thanks for your comments! Much appreciated :)
spocklogic says:
Looks like a wonderful place to stroll around. Great review and excellent photo collection to compliment the narrative. Well done!
cicie says:
A beautiful photos, Jay :)
paulinetruelsen paulinet…
Green relaxation in the middle of skyscrapers May 24, 2014
Earlier this year I visited Singapore and was recommended to visit Gardens by the Bay. And I was not disappointed!Just a quick trip with the MRT from Orchard St. lies what seems to be more than a garden - more like a forrest, looking one way a view over the city and famous hotel Marina Bay Sands and the other over the sea. It is possible to visit the two flower domes (entre price) and literally visit the whole world, or at least their flowers!

Definitely worth spending a day roaming around this magical garden!
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
(Airconditioned) Gardens in the Dom May 18, 2013
This is one of the latest attraction in Singapore since its opening in 2012. I would look at it as part of the "new package" (alongside the Marina Bay Sands Hotel) in the "new upgraded Singapore".

Designed by foreign architects, built by foreign workers and the garden is made up of foreign imported plants. So practically everything here is foreign and "nothing Singaporean about it".

You cant miss the garden if you are walking somewhere near the Marina Bay Sands or travelling down the expressway (ECP-AYE). The Cloud Forest Dom & Flower Dom (to me) is somewhat a replica of Valencia's La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias in terms of shape & design.

3 Distinctive things about the Gardens:-

1. Cloud Forest Dom

2. Flower Dom

3. Super Trees (this is what I refer to Avatar Trees cos you feel like you are in the movie Avatar when you walk around these trees)

It is free to walk around all external parts at the Garden grounds. But if you want to enter the 2 Doms or go up the Super Trees - u must pay.

I find the entrance fee a bit expensive (i think its $35 though I could be wrong) cos I never paid. I got into the garden FREE but thats because I was dining at Polen Restaurant. Polen Restaurant is located at the Gardens so diners can access the 2 Doms FOC. However do note that Polen is fine dinning restaurant and one of the top 5 restaurants in Singapore so consider your options wisely. I will do a separate review on Polen restaurant.

Okay, these are the few gardens that I can recall (cos this review is overdue):

(In the Flower Dom - dry climate kind of plants)

1. Australian Garden;

2. African Garden;

3. South American Garden.

(Cloud Forest Dom - cool climate kind of plants)

So if you are a plant lover, botanist of sorts or just have too much free time or just plain curious - go check this place out.
The "Avatar Trees" actually called…
View of the Dom from the gardens
The illuminated Super Trees at nig…
andrejav andrejav
Gardens by the Bay at night Feb 20, 2013
Gardens by the Bay at night is my hands down favorite thing in whole Singapore. This place is so well designed and so beautiful that I honestly hate the architects because they did not built it in my home town. There are beautiful gardens that you can visit during the day, but I will talk only about show that happens every day right after the sunset. We came to the middle of the “forest” laid down in the center of the small square and enjoyed the lights and sound show. To say that it is INCREDIBLE it is understatement… You must experience it if you are in Singapore. You can also go on the bridges that span the structures or go to the restaurant in the super three and enjoy your view from there.
jackygoh1 jackygoh1
Plants from All Continents Except for Antarctica Jul 01, 2012
Want to see the world of plants? Then come to Singapore! You can literally see all continents plant family except for the Antarctica. The long anticipated official opening of $1bilion Marina Bay Garden finally arrived on 29 June 2012. I must say this is one of the best investments our government made. Really awesome! Singapore is now truly a Garden City.

When I reached Marina Bay MRT station, I took the free shuttle bus outside the MRT station provided to the Marina Bay Garden. On arrival, the staff there gave me a fan with Jason Mraz face imprinted on it and I was greeted by the beautiful big tree. The entrance fees to two conservatories for local resident cost S$20.00 and OCBC skywalk $5. I decided to buy the annual pass which cost S$68 so that I can visit as many times as I want within a year as there is unlimited admission into the two conservatories and skywalk within a year.

Since I love nature, it’s a pretty good investment. I can spend long hours here. I am just so in love with this place. The flowers and plants are so beautiful!

For foreigners, the entrance fee for the two conservatories cost $28.00 and OCBC skywalk costs $5.00.

The Flower dome keeps in cool-dry Mediterranean and subtropical plants. I spent about 3 hours in it and still, I did not fully explored the whole flower dome as I needed to rush to Jason Mraz’s concert and to look for food.

When you enter the cloud forest, a giant waterfall first greets you. The conservatory is designed to minic the cloud forest which has high humidity and cloudiness.

I was really impressed.

Well, it took me about 2 hours to finish the whole journey in the cloud forest. The designers had done a great job in this project. There is this big artificial mountain that mimic the cloud forest, which is about 750m above ground with a waterfall and skywalk to explore the flowers and plants

To really explore the two conservatories, do give yourself about 5 hours at least. The outdoor garden like India, Malay, Chinese, Heritage, Colonial gardens are free.

For more information, visit Marina Bay Garden :http://www.gardensbythebay.org.sg/
Gardens by the Bay
Performance
Waterfall at Cloud Forest
Misty and cloudy cloud forest
halilee says:
Great review! I'm looking forward to seeing this the most in Singapore! :)
Posted on: Aug 31, 2014
Eric says:
Great review, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2012