Garden restaurants of Torqabeh

Mashhad, Iran

Garden restaurants of Torqabeh Mashhad Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Sep 19, 2005
Torqabeh is a village about an hour out of Mashhad. There are supposed to be nice garden restaurants all around but I got the wrong impression that they would be concentrated on one street … or maybe I didn't get to the right area.

Anyway, I got off the bus on a windy and hilly road. I had to look hard before I saw a couple of restaurants built somewhat into the woods … there were probably a few more up the road but it was getting dark. Both restaurants weren't ready for dinner so I went for a short walk before choosing one.

The chicken kebab with rice, accompanied by yoghurt was delicious … as usual. The lit-up garden atmosphere was delightful but I couldn't relax as I had been told the last bus was at 21:30. Every time I heard a noisy vehicle, I thought it might be that last bus … I wouldn't want to miss it as I had an early morning flight next day.

As I left the restaurant I noticed that the place was just starting to liven up. All in all, it was a worthwhile excursion. The bus ride both ways was full of interesting scenery (including a huge fun park) and conversations with people (who also paid for my fare).
Chicken kebab with rice, bread and…

Check Mashhad Hotel Deals