Garden of Eden--Maui Botanical Gardens & Arboretum

10600 Hana Highway Haiku, Haiku, HI, USA

Garden of Eden--Maui Botanical Gardens & Arboretum Haiku Reviews

SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
Beautiful Botanical Garden on the Road to Hana Apr 13, 2010
The Garden of Eden is located in Haiku, Hawaii on the island of Maui. It is situated on the famous Hana Highway. When driving the Hana Highway the best way to find the attractions you are looking for is to look for the mile markers. The Garden of Eden is located at Mile Marker 10 1/2 between Kailua & Kaenae.

The Garden of Eden was my favorite part on my trip.Describing the garden as 'breathtaking' is an understatement. There are so many exotic flowers & plants, as well as birds to look at. There also hidden waterfalls to explore.

There is also a gorgeous view of Keopuka Rock, which is the rock featured in the opening scene of the movie "Jurassic Park".

The admission to the park is $10 per person (not per vehicle). I highly recommend bringing cash here.

Towards the end of the Garden of Eden there is a Zookeeper-like man named Bud who has quite a menagerie of colorful parrots. He offers to take your picture with the parrots. **Please note: He offers to take the pictures with YOUR own camera & charges you! I found it kind of funny although I can see how others may find it asinine...Another reason to bring cash to the botanical gardens!

I highly recommend the Garden of Eden if you venture out on the Road to Hana. It felt magical to me and I am dying to go back. When I go back to Maui I will definitely go to the Garden of Eden again.

Remember to bring your camera; you will regret not taking pictures of this amazing place!
View of the ocean from one of the …
Bamboo Alley

Compare Haiku-Pauwela Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Garden of Eden--Maui Botanical Gardens & Arboretum Map