Garden Inn and Suites New York

Garden Inn and Suites New York Rates and Deals

Garden Inn and Suites New York Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Run-down, very expensive but with great location Oct 11, 2010
After a rather exciting trip to Iceland, we began our journey back home to Tucson. Now, for a well traveled person like me, one would have thought, I should have reserved a hotel for an overnight lay over right? Wrong, I did not. The plan had been to stay with my Aunt, but as it turned out, she was much further from JFK as I thought. So we landed in JFK from Iceland aboard Iceland Air at about 8:00 pm. I called my aunt, we had a talk and we decided to get a hotel. Mark and I went to the hotel booking desk outside of baggage claim at terminal 7. Most of the hotels we called were fully booked. After calling 8 hotels and no luck, the 9th hotel was JFK Plaza Hotel, now I know why they had availability, even though they are only 15 minutes from the airport; they are obscenely expensively for a worn out, poor serviced hotel.

The room cost was about $150 for the night, which I know is no where near average in NY for a run- down Hotel like this one. The only reason I actually took it, was because both Mark and I, were tired and our flight was scheduled to depart at 6:30 am the following morning. In all honesty, I don’t believe we even spent 6 hours at the hotel. We went to sleep at 11 and were up at 3:40 am.

Service: Upon arrival at the hotel, we headed to the reception to get checked in. We were greeted by a rather mean faced lady with an attitude. She asked for my name, I answered her twice but she did not get it. As tired as I was, I was tempted to answer her back with an attitude, but I stopped myself. I told her I had a reservation which was entered in the system by a rather well spoken gentleman who had answered the phone when I called from the airport. She then asked for my ID, which I offered. I hate to stereotype, so I will not assume that is the general NY attitude because I have had better service in NY before. Past that, she offered us a 25% discount coupon for the bar or restaurant down stairs, we ended up not using the coupons because Mark forgot one in the room when we finally went to the restaurant and then forgot to give in the second coupon when he paid for dinner.

The only thing that I liked about the room was the huge California king bed. After sleeping on the child-like beds at Radisson BLU saga Hotel in Reykjavik, I was so excited to get a KING bed. This made it all the worthwhile, diminishing the feeling of frustrations I had coming in to a minimum. Unless you have no choice, do not stay here for the price we paid. I would not recommend it unless you really had absolutely no choice. Perhaps when their remodeling is done, it will be worth charging $150 for a room worth $60. Had the service been more pleasant perhaps the place would have been a little appealing.

On a positive note, I must commend the gentleman that took the call because he made an impression. He sent in the shuttle to pick us, and we had the shuttle available to take us to the airport the following morning. The location is prime, right by New York’s John F. Kennedy airport. If one had a whole day here they would have easy access to Manhattan 8 miles to Broadway and Madison Square Garden and other attractions.

This review is based on my experience, yours might be different. Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment below.
Africancrab says:
I remember, we laughed about it as we left the reataurant.
Posted on: Oct 31, 2010
Mark184 says:
Sadly the second was given to me on the way too the bar and I forgot to use it when I payed the check...
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010
Africancrab says:
No kidding, you only got and forgot only 2 of them.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010
Mark184 Mark184
Okay for a night Oct 11, 2010
On the way back from Iceland TB meetup we (Africancrab and I) stayed in the Plaza because we had an overnight stay and early morning departure. The room cost was about $150 for the night, which I'm guessing is average in NY for a bit of a run down Hotel within a decent range of the Airport. It was the first hotel we foud and had vacancies and I'm guessing that if I'd known, it would not have been our choice either.

Upon arrival the staff had the typical NY attitude but they did provide a 25% discount to the lounge which was small but had good food for a good price. The room was old and needed remodling. The bed was big and comfortable however so the oldness was mitigated.

In review, I'd stay there again in a pinch, but would look at many other alternatives before going back.
Africancrab says:
No kidding, that is what we get for not pre-booking. I could not believe all hotels within that range were fully booked. I enjoyed the California king size bed after what we had in Iceland.
Posted on: Oct 13, 2010

Garden Inn and Suites New York Overview

Located minutes from downtown Manhattan, our hotel in Jamaica, NY, allows you to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city yet remain connected with your business or travel needs. Garden Inn and Suites is situated corner of Baisley Blvd. and North Conduit provides convenient access to the Belt, Van Wyck, and Cross Central Pkwys.
Corporate guests looking for a JFK Airport hotel with superior business and meeting facilities need look no further. We are just minutes from New Yorks top companies. If you're flying into JFK, you can step off the plane and hop on our complimentary shuttle.
Guests should be sure to visit nearby Aqueduct Racetrack and Casino, Madison Square Garden, Botanical Gardens, Belmont Racetrack, home of the third leg of the Triple Crown, and City Field to name just a few . Our hotel in Jamaica, NY is only 10 minutes from JFK Airport via our complimentary shuttle, which picks up and drops you right to your airline terminal.
Guests of our JFK Airport hotel enjoy outstanding amenities like rooms with free high-speed, wireless Internet access.

Be sure you take advantage of our complimentary JFK Airport shuttle service. Call us in advance and we'll pick you up. You can leave your car with U-Save park and fly.

Garden Inn and Suites Amenities

• Ballroom
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower