1101 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 401-8959

Garcon San Francisco Reviews

thenewextrememimi thenewex…
Feb 20, 2008
Dine About Town is a San Francisco event in which nicer restaurants all over the city offer discounted menus. There's so many places to choose from and you get some pretty great deals.

JP, Patrick and I decided to try the Dine About Town menu at Garcon, a French restaurant on Valencia. The fixed price menu had a good variety of choices, and you got to choose an appetizer, a main course and a dessert. I got the duck, JP got oysters and Patrick got the fish.

Everything was pretty good but nothing was spectacular. The creme brulee I got for dessert was all crust and not enough creme, but the duck skin and the mashed potatos that came with the fish were really good.

Overall, it was totally worth the 30-something dollar DAT price, but I don't think it would have been worth the regular menu price. No loss there, though -- I still can't wait until the next DAT to try something new!
Garcon's take on apple pie
sybil says:
we have the same thing down here called dine la. none of the places i have tried through there has not wowed me either. i guess they don't serve the awesome dishes on their prix fixe menus.
Posted on: Feb 24, 2008