Garberville Motel

Garberville Motel Rates and Deals

Garberville Motel Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Garberville Motel May 29, 2013
There really isn’t anything special about this motel. It is an ordinary American style motel in a small village – and yet it is the only motel in US I have ever stayed at on more than one occasion. I didn’t stay twice because I really liked the place – it is more the fact it is located on the main highway between the Red Wood National Park and San Francisco. And it is a good jumping off point if you want to explore the Avenue of the Giants.

First time I got there I had been driving north from San Francisco and then I got stuck in a terrible road work – the road in front of me had apparently collapsed the day before or maybe two days before and now they had just managed to clear one lane. But the traffic was backed up for miles and I got stuck in a seemingly endless queue waiting for a traffic light to finally change some unknown distance in front of me. I had to stay for more than an hour in this queue and by the time I finally got to start the engine again it was just about to get dark. I had never seen the red wood trees before – and they were the reason I was up here so I didn’t want to just rush through the Avenue of the Giants. Hence I had to find a place to stay for the night.

The motel is pretty easy to find when you go from the south – you basically just take the exit saying Garberville – and like most small American towns this exit will lead you to a row of motels and gas stations. And this is also the case in Garberville. Actually the first motel you get to when you come from the south is the Garberville Motel on your left side just after the exit. Hence it was pretty easy to find and go in and have a look to see if they had a room for a night.

The motel is really a standard motel – with what is standard furniture of all American motels. The always present television, a shower and toilet. Of course there are easy access to parking and the usual big parking lot at the motel. The room is ok but nothing spectacular and the price might be a little on the high side for motel like this in a small city away from most things – and out of season. The city isn’t the most interesting of American cities but there are a couple of places to eat not too far from the motel so it’s an all right place to spend a night.

So if I wasn’t all that impressed when I stayed first time why did I go back? Well first of all the motel was kind of what you can expect from a regular motel in US. And then there is the location. Like the first time I stayed I stayed because I wanted to see the Avenue of the Giants in daylight. Second time I stayed I came from the north driving through the Avenue of the Giants – and it was getting a bit late and time to find a place to stay – and then Garberville Motel game to mind.

Garberville Motel Overview

Located just off HWY 101 in Garberville Ca in beautiful Humboldt County in the heart of Redwood Country. 8 miles South of Humboldt redwoods State Park. All of our clean attractive rooms have fridge microwave internet access cable TV Hairdryer iron and ironing board.

Garberville Motel Amenities

• Ice Machine
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Garberville Motel

Redwood Youth Hostel to Garberville
- Distance: 135.6 miles - Cycling Time: 8h 10m 3s - Average Speed: 16.6mphA new longest day today. As per usual the morning was cold and wet but it gradually warmed during the day. I cut off a…motel in Garberville. I couldn't believe how far I had cycled today and still felt pretty good, even…

Check Garberville Motel Rates and Deals