Gap Adventures

Toronto, Canada

Gap Adventures Toronto Reviews

world-traveller123 world-tr…
Gap Adventures - Review by World Traveller My Thoughts May 24, 2009
Gap Adventures is an adventure travel company. They do trips all over the world to every continent, including Antarctica. They do everything from trekking Inca Trail, to volcano trips to Arctic Cruising to exploring the beaches of Costa Rica. They do it all.

I have done 2 trips with them so far. In Search of Iguassu and the Galapagos Islands. Which I did in April 2008 and May 2009.

Very good trips and well organized company.

The trips are small group, so your max size of group might be 12 people or so.

This company supports the local economy. By this you often stay at local hotels/hostels etc. Most are local businesses, so no Holiday Inn's people.

The transport is done with 3rd party companies of a local area as well. Usually really good. Your trip Leader is someone from the local area, such as if you go to Brazil, your trip leader might be from Brazil.

For meals, no dinners are included, which is good, then you can explore options and take in local place to eat. Your trip leader sometimes will take you to a place to eat that is nice and less touristy and more local food.

Overall my opinions, this was a great company to travel with. I would travel with them again. The organization was really good. I like having a small group to be with over a larger group, you move along faster.

The trip leaders were good, very information about everything and know many things about each destination. Very Reliable people overall.

Accomodations, vary, I have to say good locations. As I did the budget trips, so places were not of high luxury but clean and had running water. Always had good bed to sleep in.

The trips themselves were very good and awesome places to see. You also get lots of free time in each destination, so you never miss out on anything.

I would do more trips with this company. As It is now my way of travel. I hope to see the whole world with this company and I recommend everyone out there to check out Gap Adventures.

www.gapadventures.com
Group photo of my Gap Adventure Gr…
rdwedenesday says:
Hey world-traveller123,

I realize the trips you took with GAP and Intrepid were a while back. But I have a few questions for you.

I am a 27 year old female travelling solo for the first time, so safety is a HUGE thing for me. I am planning a trip to South America this coming fall. I want to join an adventure group so that I could experience the "back-packing" theme but still be in group setting. It seems to me that both GAP (or G now) and Intrepid are known worldwide. Unfortunately I have been reading a lot of negative reviews.

I realize that the unhappy are usually the vocal ones, so I do take that into consideration. I am looking at trips with both companies that are at a basic standard, but about 60-80 days long.

Do you have a preference for which company I should go with? Which company is better in South America? Any other advice?

Anything will help! Thanks!!!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2012