Gallery Hotel

6849 8686

Gallery Hotel Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A convenient place to stay in the heart of Singapore Oct 10, 2010
The Gallery Hotel is located at Robertson Quay right next to Singapore River. I arrived Singapore early in the morning and was already at the hotel at 10 am. Check in was at 2 pm, so I had planned to only drop off my bag. A polite, friendly and helpful receptionist said “No problem Ms Sarah, your room is ready”. Wow, was that great after a 12 hour flight.

The room had two single beds, was not too big, but comfortable. They get a huge bonus for free internet in the room, something which is not common in Singapore. I had trouble with the WI-FI, but with friendly help from the manager I was connected with a cable. The connection was nice and fast. Other facilities were an electronic safe, tea/coffee making facilities and a flat screen TV. I stayed in a plain room, but they also have some pretty cool designer rooms as well.

The bathroom was small, but had everything you need. The door to the bathroom was made of frosted glass which doesn´t give you the best privacy. No problem if you are travelling with your spouse, but may be not the best if it´s just a friend.

Breakfast was served in the Zeden Restaurant on the 4th floor. Breakfast was not included so I never tried the buffet. If you decide to eat there buy a ticket in the reception. It will cost you SND 15 instead of the SND 19 they charge in the restaurant. Zeden also serves lunch and dinner. In the evenings there was live music there.

On the 5th floor there was a nice little pool from where you had a good view of the neighbouring hotels pools. From the pool you can enter a well equipped gym.

The staff throughout the hotel was very friendly and polite. They made my stay a very pleasant one. I look forward to stay at the Gallery Hotel on my next trip to Singapore. I can highly recommend it.
Gallery Hotel Map