Galle Face Hotel

2 Galle Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Galle Face Hotel Colombo Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Galle Face Hotel Restaurant May 19, 2013
I highly recommend this place if you love peacefulness, the ocean view, and enjoy quite ambiance, as this restaurant is located right at the beach front and has good food selection from buffet to ala carte and reasonable down to cheap price I think compare with western country and beautiful view toward the ocean.

Since I had my lunch just after 1.30pm, I still rather full so I opt to have a drink at the restaurant bar and watch sunset and listening to the ocean wave. I tried local drink called “Sri Lanka Sunset” which made from local “arak”, lemon, passion fruits, etc (don’t remember what else). It was very nice but didn’t taste much of alcohol, more fruity I think. After that I order dinner and take my drink to the seat right at the beach front with a candle light. It is so peaceful with the wind blowing my face, the music of the ocean and the dancing of the wave. I really enjoy myself and dream of the dream.

My fish arrive and it was tender, tasty and the portion just right, quite big for what it is. The bartender and other staff very friendly and accommodating, chatty, polite and respectful. I would definitely going back here if I come back to Colombo.
the beach view from the hotel
the restaurant
inside restaurant
the restaurant
planxty says:
Undoubtedly a great place if you have a gold credit card that someone else is paying for!

It was having a complete refurb when I was there in 2016 so it is probably even posher (and more expensive) now.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2017
nolan says:
Second time for me to read this review. Still very nice.
Posted on: May 28, 2014
gingerbatik says:
no.. too expensive especially early in the trip:)
Posted on: May 22, 2013