Galaxia Expeditions

Av Mariscal Caceres 428, Huaraz, Peru

Galaxia Expeditions Huaraz Reviews

rameshv rameshv
Average trek operator Jul 18, 2009
There were a lot of good reviews for this operator and while things in general went well, I found the overall operation quite average. The guides were profession and so was the cook who did a great job but overall, I felt the service didnt match the price we paid.

Here are the main complaints (I am omitting the good things such as the private transportation or the friendly guide/staff etc):

1. There were about 13 of us in this trip to Santa Cruz. (It is true that about 5 of them were already on the trail but seating 13 in one dining tent was uncomfortable)

2. We all paid roughly 120USD for the trip, which isnt expensive but it isnt so cheap either (as it is possible to do this with less). The tents & sleeping bags were generally below par (some of them had leaks -- it is true that we should not have had any rain at all but unluckily we did get some and the tents werent quite comfortable enough). For this amt of money, I would have expected atleast hot water bottles every night to warm us up but we didnt get this service.

3. We ended up hiking only 2 hrs the last day -- what is the point of camping so close to the end? There were better camp spots earlier.. also we were rushed out of the camp early in the morning though we had to wait a few hours once we reached the end of the trail.

Check Huaraz Hotel Deals