Galata Tower

(0212) 245 1160

Galata Tower Istanbul Reviews

EmEm EmEm
The Genoese Tower Apr 04, 2015
In Beyoglu on the European side of Istanbul, by the Golden Horn- Halic, it is easy to notice a big round tower that distiguishes from the surroundings. That is the Genoese Tower Galata.

In front of the tower there is usually long line of visitors waiting to get in and sometimes it can take more than an hour of waiting.

The ticket to visit it is expensive, but it does not stop the long queque of visitors to get up and take some photos of the city and the strait. In front of the ticket office is a little souvenir shop. Beside it is an elevator that will take you to the restaurant under the top and than you go by round stairs up and out on a balcony around the tower. There is a sign to start going on the right not to make chaos and disturb other visitors coming from the other side.

You get an excellent view of the strait and all landmarks on its other side.
spocklogic says:
I saw the Galata Tower up close in Istanbul, but skipped the going inside part. Sounds ok, but not great, eh?
Posted on: Aug 09, 2015
kolomiyasvitlana kolomiya…
One of the oldest Tower Mar 11, 2011
Istanbul has plenty of sights to see but one of my favourte is Galata Tower. It is located near the most central and popular Istikal street. It is very easy to find Galata Tower ;)

You will not need to climb up there, it has an elevator.

On the top of the Tower you will see whole great Istanbul city, Bosphorus and gardens on the roofs of turkish homes :)

And it is always better to be there with somebody who you can hug (this place is so romantic ;)

After that you can stay and eat in the Tower's restaurant and read the history of Galata tower in turkish and english.

I recommend it to everybody who are going to visit my favourite city Istanbul!!
amazed says:
I'm taking 4 hugsworthy people with me ;)
Posted on: Apr 21, 2013
uh-mazin uh-mazin
Breathtaking Bosphorus View Jul 25, 2011
Don't forget to take your camera with you, and a coffee at the restaurant inside the tower would be a nice choice. You can reach galata tower on foot from Karaköy tram and bus station, Karaköy ferry port, Eminönü ferry port and Beyoğlu tunnel. There are no direct buses going to there.
umutt umutt
Galata Tower Mar 06, 2011
Amazing to see all over the istanbul city under of your feet,I would recommend you to take your photograph machine as well to make this view as a great memory from your travel.When you are going into galata tower ,you must pay a price ,in case u are hungry,u are also able to eat traditional food in the tower.
anntjuh1988 anntjuh1…
Best view of the city! Jan 13, 2011
If you want to have the best view over Istanbul, the Galata Tower should be your first choice!;-)
Turk449 Turk449
Sunset at Galata Tower Dec 06, 2010
I am a Turkish American who is exploring the city i was born in. This was a place where i decided to start exploring this amazing city. The towers entrance fee is 10TL about $7. For that price it is well worth it.The 360 degree view is breathtaking especially at sunset. Istanbul night comes alive and you are the witness. Some things to consider: I went on a not so special Monday and it was still pretty packed there are elevators however they take 6 people at a time. If you don't like shoulder to shoulder conditions and afraid of heights this place is not for you. The balcony is open and it is packed with people. It is not really organized there is not really a directed way of moving so waiting to circle the entire balcony can take time. You do get very close to your fellow visitors.

Try not to think about the location of Istanbul. City sits very close bye an active fault line and you are on top of something that is build in the 14th century!!

The opportunity to take amazing pictures are always there.Wait for the evening call to prayers after sunset, it adds another dimension to the experience!
hlek hlek
Amazing View of Istanbul Jun 04, 2010
One sentence to describe the place - "one stop shop". You can see the entire Istanbul coming to this place. Simply gorgeous especially when the sky is clear.

Entrance fee: TL 10

You need to take a short elevator ride to the tower and then navigate yourself on the narrow path surrounding the tower. Make sure your camera is fully charged because the view at ALL angles are worth taking. And I'm sure you will not finish snapping.
The Tower
View of Istanbul
Buildings in Istanbul
View of Istanbul
sarahrwilkins sarahrwi…
Galata great view BUT made me woozy, leave the baby at home Oct 17, 2009
The Galata Tower was a good one to visit. It has a wonderful view of the old part of town. However, I had my six month old baby strapped to me, and the view area at the top of the tower is very narrow, crowded, and not the "safest". By safest I mean the rails didn't go up very high and I was having to sqeeze by people constantly. It was about 10 bucks to get in, but It made me to nervous and woozy so I didn't enjoy the view.
diabolic diabolic
stunning Oct 05, 2008
it is definetely in must see list when you are in Istanbul.

Related Travel Blogs About Galata Tower

Day Three: Up and Down the Bosphorus
This morning we got up a bit earlier and after breakfast we made our way to the harbour where the ferries were docked. We had decided to take the tourist ferry up the Bosphorus. The Bosphorus Strait …Istanbul we opted for a return trip overland, as the Lonely Planet suggested. Our destination was the Galata Tower in Istanbul
Police and busy bazaars
Istanbul is a hodgepodge of monuments, which is not surprising, considering its long, long, long history. You'll find Roman and Byzantine ruins, Ottoman mosques and castles from the Crusades. Today w…tower always present when you get a great view over Istanbul : the old Galata tower. After seeing it so often…
The Old and New of Istanbul
I woke up this morning with my right knee feeling a little better than it did when I went to bed last night. So with another full day of sightseeing ahead of me, I headed upstairs to grab a quick bre…Galata Tower is one of Istanbul's famous landmarks. After paying my entrace fee, an elevator brought us up to where…

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals