Gage Hotel & Resaturant

Marathon, Texas - (432) 386 4205

Gage Hotel & Resaturant Marathon Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
Nov 24, 2007
Ok so here was this super fancy restaurant in the middle of little Marathon, TX. Really small town with a population of only 4,000. Not the only restaurant in town but, certainly the only open one that night! Really good food with a nice presentation but, definitely what I would call pricey. My husband and I had to wonder how they stayed afloat! We did not get to eat till about 10:00pm that night so, by the time I got my plate in front of me I was beyond starving! Half way thru scarfing down my food I realized I did not take a picture of it so, sorry ya'll! Shame too because like I said, very nicely presented. My husband and I ordered the bison rib-eye steaks, medium rare of course! Now unless we go to a steak house my husband and I tend to order rare just to get medium rare, if you order medium rare you usually end up with medium and so forth but, we figured even though this is not a steak house at 40 bucks a plate they better darn well know how to cook it right! We were not dissapointed the steaks were great. My girls had the chicken and it was really good too. Now one other thing since our reservations were at 9:45 we got there at 9:30 and they had some people lingering so, there was no table for us. Instead of making us wait they set up some tables in their hotel lobby for us and a few others and sat us right away, that's what I call going the extra mile! Under circumstances like that who cares that they were a bit overpriced!
restaurant decor