Gadri Resto

Prince Joyokusumo's House Jl. Rotowijayan No.5 Kraton Yogyakarta , Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Gadri Resto Yogyakarta Reviews

Acy_jkt Acy_jkt
Local Exotic Resto Dec 12, 2010
Gadri Resto is located inside the Prince Joyokusumo’s house, together with their café (de Gadri Café) and their small museum of their private collection of handicraft and traditional clothing, as well as the ancient collectible items. Prince Joyokusumo is the brother of the Sultan – the king of Yogyakarta’s Kingdom. The place is so interesting and beautiful, strong of local cultural design and ambiance. You can as well see the live traditional music, Gamelan being played during certain moment. There are also permanent exhibition of traditional Batik painting, where you can see or even try to paint Batik yourself with the professional Batik painters that are available during the day at lunch time.

I went to this place for dinner, it was pretty quiet as the effect from the Merapi volcano eruption. Normally this place is packed with people enjoying the local food and musical performance.

The food was awesome, they have many options of food, local and international. I tried the local grilled banana with cheese and cappuccino and it was great, love it! My friends tried their steak and fettuccini, all tasted great as well. The price was very reasonable, for that taste and the ambiance you get, all very worth it.

The service is also excellent! Typical Javanese traditional dressed waiters and waitress are very helpful and kind. They even waited patiently and did not disturb us at all when we were there too long, we enjoyed it that much that we did not realize that it was already 1.5 hours from the closing time, LOL.

Too bad I did not get the chance to get some pictures of the museum, they did not allow us to take pictures, but be sure that it was very beautiful. This is one of the places I recommend you to visit and try their food while you are in Yogyakarta.
Warm welcome
Very nice house
shasya shasya
Feed for a king Apr 16, 2009
We were brought to Gadri Resto by a friendly andung (andung is a horse drawn four-wheel carriage) horseman (We visited this 'resto' based on his recommendation).

Gadri Resto turned to be quite a special historical (house/museum/restaurant) place.

A dish you must try is Sultan Hamengku Buwono IX favourite "nasi blawong" , to quench our thirst we ordered traditional drinks like "beer jawa".

I have to say eventhough I am half-Indonesian, it all sounds pretty strange to me and wondered if it tasted as strange as it sounds.

I am no food critic, however, I find authentic Javanese cuisine is indeed an acquired taste. This is because of the myriad of spices and herbs used to prepare dishes, but if you want a feel and taste of how it is to feast like a kraton royalty then this the only place in Yogyakarta to do so.

Food and drink are tastefully prepared and presented. The ambience of the 'resto' makes it a lovely place to have your dinner in Yogyakarta.
andung ride