Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork

Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork Rates and Deals

Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Wonderful guest house. Apr 09, 2012
I stayed at Gabriel House Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights while visiting Cork.

The guesthouse is located atop a hill overlooking the township of Cork and the harbor. While I was staying there, a huge cruise ship was in harbor.

I was accommodated in a double room overlooking the garden. From my bedroom, you could see the courtyard with a table and chairs and a stunning flowering Cherry Blossom.

The room was spacious and had a good sized bathroom (perfect for drying out an open umbrella as Ireland rains a lot!)

Breakfast was included in the price however the dining room is on the smaller side so if you are on a tight time frame, go to Breakfast early. I was relaxed with my time frame and only had to wait a short while one morning.

Coffee and tea is available 24 hours a day from the dining area as well as biscuits (no coffee and tea making facilities in the rooms however you can take a coffee back to your room.)

The guesthouse is located a short walk from the city centre and main transport stations however it is located on a steep hill.

For travelers with mobility issues buses stop out the front of the guesthouse at regular intervals.

On check in, I was given a map of Cork and the front desk staff explained what businesses gave discounts to guests (pubs, restaurants etc.)

While I didn't eat at those places, I appreciated the heads up.

I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again if visiting Cork.
Gabriel House B&B, Cork.
Sign.
Double bed room, spacious and love…
Bathroom, good size.
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks May, you make me blush. lol
Posted on: Jun 08, 2016
cotton_foam says:
This review should get a "featured review" badge on TB's front page!
Posted on: Jun 08, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks Emem, I used to scrapbook so took photos for those albums and I also kept a diary while travelling so can remember all the little details.

The recent trip I didn't journal and am having problems remembering some details. I will learn to journal all trips in the future.
Posted on: Mar 12, 2016
stefmuts stefmuts
Bit of a bummer but nice B&B Sep 18, 2008
We had used the book we bought at the Irish tourist centre in Dublin for almost all of our B&B stays but in Cork the book run out of options since we preferred privat parking so we went and looked out for a B&B with that on our own (without the book) It looked like we hit the jackpot with Gabriel house, a bit more expensive than the ones we had before but it looked more like a hotel than a B&B. We planned to only stay one night here but after seeing the accomodation we decided to stay an extra night. The girl at the counter said no problem so after breakfast we set off to go sightseeing. When we returned in the evening we found our Luggage in the hallway and we found out we were put out of the room. The girl we booked the extra night with was nowhere to be found and there was no note or whatever of our booking. The room was rented out to another couple and there were no rooms left. The staff could only provide us with an address of a nearby hostel where we could only get a shared room. This was a big downer on our stay. Averall the B&B was nice but my advise to all, if you book an extra night, get it on paper!!!
Room looks really nice
Bathroom looks really nice too
HORSCHECK says:
Interesting story here. Great review with excellent photos. - Thanks for your congrats on my latest award.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2017
stefmuts says:
Well, I guess it was a staff miscommunication, it cost them score on service but the overall was very nice, if it hadn't happend I would have given them a higher overall score
Posted on: Nov 12, 2014
westwind57 says:
It must be very very nice that you still score them with three stars! OK, human error can happen, but finding your baggage packked and placed in the hallway.... that's an unexpected sight when returning in the evening :)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2014

Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork Overview

The Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork is situated overlooking the harbor. Located on the eastern side of the city, the hotel offers impressive views and easy access to local golf courses. The Blarney Stone and many other attractions can be quickly reached from the property. The Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork is located near the Cork International Airport. The airport and other points of interest can be easily accessed via rental car service or taxi cab, and the hotel offers a complimentary private parking area for guests who are traveling by car.

All of the guestrooms at the Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork are elegantly designed and decorated. Each room includes a number of modern amenities, including televisions. Private bathrooms with showers are also offered in all guestrooms.

Guests of the Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Cork will find many shops and restaurants nearby. The hotel offers 24 hour room service as well as a beautiful garden. Other amenities include laundry service, a business center, a tour area, and more.

Gabriel House Bed & Breakfast Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower