4100 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA, USA

GLOW Marina del Rey Reviews

pvtjoy pvtjoy
Chillout, Downtempo beats - what a lounge! May 17, 2008
This was discovered by mistake or rather by chance. I was looking for a place to "house" 34-37 Travbuddy friends after realizing the original venue we chose was too loud and too small. Where am I going to put all these people? Hmmmmm....

I realized that there was a Hotel 3 blocks east of the venue we were supposed to go to. I explained to 3 other TB memebers that were helping me with crowd control and we split up into groups and started the walk over.

I went on ahead to make sure there was at least a lobby and a lobby bar, so that these people would not freeze by sitting outdoors or at least be able to order a drink if they chose to.

I entered the Hotel Lobby and discovered this place is cool! I scanned up and down the lobby and it was draped in an orange/red glow with dark brown furniture and accents of a deep gold color furniture - lots of ambiance and mood lighting.

I grabbed some benches, tables, and ottomans and was able to seat everyone down to have some time to visit with each other. This allowed me the time to scan around the room and notice GLOW. WOW an outdoor bar/lounge club with great ambient chill music playing - but there was a private party going on. The staff stated that we could go in after 8-9pm, so as soon as we could I headed over there to check it out. WOW again - this is my type of place, chill out, relax, very it! I placed a call to Jillian and told her get everyone's butt out here and enjoy this place.

It is quite pricey...approximately $10-15 per drink and to sit in a cabana, you MUST purchase a bottle of alcohol for at least $250.00! Grey Goose is $350.00 and is accompanied with orange juice, cranberry juice, brave bull and nuts. Very expensive, but a fun place to visit once in a while!
Sheila_0808 says:
too expensive for me whew!;pp
Glad i had my wine that lasted me for hours hahaha!
Posted on: May 21, 2008
RuttiTootie says:
Nice pics. Sounds about the same price as NYC lounges/clubs.
Posted on: May 21, 2008