FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket

FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket Rates and Deals

FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket Reviews

sgarnold sgarnold
2 Bedroom Suite May 08, 2011
Pros: First impression; the first sight of the hotel in whole was very clean and refreshing. The entire hotel concept was more of a resort-like. The place wasn’t very extravagantly decorated but reasonably welcoming. After checking in to the hotel, one of the staff showed us to our suite. Which I think was really a great service, I haven’t been “escorted” up to my hotel room ever before. But I’m still unsure if it’s because that we took the suite or just the great service to that.

2. The 2 Bedroom Suite; upon entering the suite, it was really spacious and the best of all, the room was extremely clean as though we were the first one to stay in it. As a consumer, the cleanliness of the room is extremely important to me. I want to feel comfortable in it, and they met up to my highest expectations.

My friends and I “inspected” the 2 bedroom bathrooms which look shinning clean and neat. It was almost virtually impossible to spot for any dirt or moulds around the sink area. The “master bedroom” has a bathtub in its bathroom and the other room with a showerhead, good enough though. The suite has got 2 LCD TV sets, one in the master bedroom and the other in the “living-room hall”. The living room is spacious enough that you can do one or two somersaults with no problem.

3. Amenities; The hotel has a roof-top swimming pool. Though you couldn’t see much from the roof because the building isn’t really tall, I still think there is only one reason to hit the pool – to swim, so you shouldn’t let the “poor scenery” affect you.

4. Food; Like most hotels, FuramaXclusive do provide free simple breakfast till 9am (if I’m not mistaken). The breakfast is simple – orange juice, coffee, tea, toasted bread and a few other varieties of food are on a buffet style.

If you’re lazy to travel far for a good dinner after a long day, you can always have your dinner settled in the same restaurant you had your breakfast in. The tom yum they serve is scrumptious and not excluding other dishes like pineapple rice etc. Most importantly the meal wouldn’t cost more than what you pay for a meal at “IN-N-OUT”.

5. Service; Relatively the service was pretty good. The cool part was I wrote a note for my friend’s birthday, something like a birthday card. After the day we came from an outing, of course leaving the note on the table, we saw a complimentary tray of fruits and a card wishing my friend Happy Birthday as well. I’m not quite sure if they saw the note I wrote for my friend or was it they checked her birth date. Though that plate of fruits didn’t cost more than $3/4, I still think it was really sweet of them to do that.

Cons: 1. Location; The bad thing about the hotel is its location. Though from the map it looked like as if it is near the beach, the very fact is - it isn’t. The walk to Patong Beach takes about 15-20mins and the terrain isn’t really ligaments friendly. There are countless of portholes, drains without covers and if you’re walking back to the hotel in the night, this can be a little dangerous. Let us not forget that the area isn’t really fantastically safe, so this can be an issue to many. Of course we have tut-tut (the little trishaw-like taxi service), but they love to scam tourist. Trips that worth $1 (analogy value) can be marked up to $5. Though the difference ain’t much for many of us, but I think we don’t wanna have the feeling of being scammed or treated like idiots.

2. Hotel building; The area in Patong Beach itself is kinda night-life oriented - nightclubs, pubs and streets with cheap loots are the reason why you return to the hotel late at night. The problem is that FuramaXclusive is keeping its operating cost low by switching off lights in the night. The walkway back to the “building” was extremely dark and creepy.

3. Amenities; There is one thing that I was really disappointed with FX – WIFI isn’t free. The internet service was priced at a preposterous rate of $2/2.5 for half an hour. Restaurants out there are providing free WIFI service yet the hotel doesn’t provide us with that. How sad. However cafes nearby do have WIFI service that you can access to, just get a cup of macchiato and ask for the password. The only bad thing is you cannot use it in the comfort of your king size bed back in the hotel.

4. Service; Another sad thing about FX is that the staffs are not really good at conversing in English. The staffs are friendly enough to help you, provided you speak their language. In other words, if you’re trying to ask them for recommendations or anything, FORGET IT! At times they do get what we are trying to say, but to understand what they are saying - you need to have Christopher Nolan’s brain to do it.

Tips: 1. For the bad location, you can actually rent a bike near the hotel. Take a 5mins walk towards the main road and you will find a small road-side bike rental stall. They have the cheapest bike in town, my friends and I actually went to scout for the cheapest bike.

The rental for the bikes cost no more than $7/day! However if you wanna get bigger bikes similar to a Ducati, you have to pay more. Why pay $40/day for a bike that you can’t even ramp up the speed. Take note that the Italian bikes are not the latest models and the roads are not suitable for high-speed bikes.

Car rentals can also be found easily, about $40/day for a small car. Getting out of the area ain’t difficult when you’re driving. To get out of the vicinity, you have to take a slope that’s >55 degree. So for unskilled riders, don’t even think about getting out of that place.

2. If you’re riding, do wear a helmet. The police are pretty stringent when it comes to catching riders without helmet. Not to worry, the fines are around $30-50. And if you don’t own a bike license, show them any card that’s reasonable. They are illiterate in English, so they wouldn’t understand a single word on the card. Even an identification card can pass off as a license. 

3. Re-fueling your vehicle is preferably done at gas stations. There are street side vendors who do sell gasoline as well, but they charge a lot higher. In the end you might be paying as much as what you’re already paying in your own country - $3/gal

Conclusion: The entire experience with FX was really good. The location problem can be easily resolved with a bike rental. For those with children, you might want to consider the tut-tut services.

The best part of it is the price of the suite. According to my friend, the price of what we paid for the suite is actually the same as what you will be paying for a hotel thats right along Patong Beach. With a spacious and clean room and nothing to worry when I have a bike; the "Along Patong Beach Hotel" doesn't really seem attractive to me at all.

FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket Overview

The FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go.

Chalong Beach, Loch Palm Golf Club and Wat Chalong are within easy driving distance of the FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Phuket. Phuket FantaSea and Phuket Zoo can be reached with a 20 minute drive. The hotel is within a 20 minute walk to Soi Bangla, Jungceylon Shopping Center and within a 10 minute drive you can find Phuket Country Club.

FuramaXclusive Hotel Patong Beach Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower