Funky Monkey Lodge

Funky Monkey Lodge Rates and Deals

Funky Monkey Lodge Santa Teresa Reviews

jwoolfall jwoolfall
Nice Hotel Close to the Beach Jan 22, 2009
My wife and I stayed three nights at the Funky Monkey in January. We had cabin #1 which was a beautiful open air cabin with private bath and a nice balcony with hammock. The room also had a safe bolted to the floor. The rooms were very clean and offered plenty of space.

The only problem we had with the hotel was the noise. My wife and I both slept horribly the entire time we were at the hotel. Now Im sure some people can sleep through anything but unfortunately I am not one of those people. The hotel is located in very close proximity to other houses and these neighbors have dogs, roosters and ATV's which are going at all hours of the night and kept us awake for several nights. Im not one to complain and I am a very tolerant person so we dealt with the noise since the hotel was full and it didn't seem like there would be any place to move us.

The hotel did not have hot water during our stay but it wasn't a big deal for us, we can handle some cold water but I can imagine so mother guests might not be very pleased with this. From reading other reviews here it seems like this has been a problem for other visitors.

The restaurant and bar area of the hotel is very inviting. They have a pool table and tv area for people interested in chilling out and watching a movie or chatting with friends. They also have good music playing throughout the evening. Every night they have a new item on the menu. We ate dinner at the hotel one night and enjoyed it very much. The food was amazing and very affordable. The employees (Nicolis and Bruno) who seemed like they ran the bar/reception were really cool guys. Easy to talk with and answered any questions we had.

The Hotel had safe parking for vehicles, a nice pool located just a short walk up a nice path through the tree's and also offers surfing lessons and rentals if you need them. The beach is a short 5 minute walk down the road as are a number of restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel for younger people who are not bothered by noise.
Our cabin