Funk Lounge Hostel

Check Zagreb Hotel Deals

Funk Lounge Hostel Zagreb Reviews

EmEm EmEm
If you've got no other choice... Oct 23, 2016
In Zagreb I stayed only a night in the Funk Lounge Hostel. I found it using Booking.com. After their description I thought it was a nice place as the property was evaluated for the best value for money in Zagreb. Actually, the price was expensive for the location as the hostel was not easy to find among buildings.

It is situated near the Zagreb ZOO in Maksimir Park and the stadion of the FC Dinamo, far away from the city center and tourist attractions. Bus Station and Railway Station are more than 2 km away from it, so it is necessary to take a tram or a taxi. There are a few small markets in the street Maksimirska cesta as that area is mainly a residential area.

I was in a little three bed room with a private toilet without soaps and towels! Behind the door were lockers. It was clean superficially inside the room with a lot of dust and small trash behind the beds and curtains.

Although free, there was no Wi- Fi connection in the rooms, so the guests were sitting and typing in a corridor. Air-condition in my room did not work and as I stayed only for one night, nobody cared to fix it.

The reception is located the floor under the rooms and there is no lift. If you want something to eat, they offer only to make an instant soup for you. No breakfast! There was a shared kitchen where guests could prepare something to eat, but I prefered to eat outside, in the city.

The description of their offer on internet is different of what you see and get. All in all this is not a place where I would ever return. There are many hostels of the same quality with a better position in the city.
Cho says:
If I ever make it to Zagreb one day, I'll certainly avoid this hotel!
Posted on: Oct 30, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thank you for your honest review Emem, it doesn't sound like a very nice place to stay.
Posted on: Oct 23, 2016