Fundacion Pacita Nature Lodge

Basco, Philippines

Fundacion Pacita Nature Lodge Basco Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Good Value Luxurious Accommodation Jun 27, 2010
If you want to stay at the best accommodation in Batanes and/or have a feel of luxury without breaking your piggy bank then this is it. Fundacion Pacita is an all suite room but if you manage to stay during their off-peak (and yet still good weather) you will only pay Php5000 or less than $100 for a luxurious stay here. :)

I was't able to stay here on my visit. All rooms were fully booked. Actually, they are now currently booked until summer next year (May 2011)! However, I spoke with the manager and after learning that we have so many things in common and a common friend, he said he will try to reserve one for me! :)

The place looked very pretty and homey but still feel luxurious esp once you go to the room and see the wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean on top of the hill where FP is located :)

For Php5k it's cheap for a bit more P7K up on peak season, it's still worth it! :)

__________________

I got to stay here for couple of nights and it was great to wake up with great view of the Pacific Ocean. The toiletries were local and eco-friendly stuff but I dont like them.

Food is good and service was not top notch bec they were hiring OJTs although they were quite pleasant.

We got the room on the main floor with the private porch on the right. I like it. You get out of the room to your private dining in the building or have your meals or just chill at your private porch.

The design is like a stone cabin with nice paintings hanging around and some framed stories about Pacita Abad - known international painter who is member of the family owning Fundacion Pacita.

_________

Recent trip to Batanes made me miss checing in here but went several times for meals. They make the best meals in Batan Island so we keep going back. Bit pricey compared to other options and it is not easily accessible as it is located on the hill above and away from city center but we felt it was worth the trip. Got treated well like a guest and ate at the private dining area reserved for guests on 2 occasions out of our 3 visits.

Good service and great food. Best in Batan for food although limited options.
Warren, the one who designed all t…
Fundacion Pacita located on top of…
TravellinChic says:
Should be..or you're missing out BIG time :)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2010
baliw-katok says:
Great blog, great place, ... Batanes is surely on my list !
Posted on: Jul 02, 2010
TravellinChic says:
Thank you for appreciating it :) You are very welcome and I hope you'll have the chance to experience this wonderful experience I just had. :)
Posted on: Jun 29, 2010