Fundació Joan Miró

Parc de Montjuic, Barcelona, Spain

Fundació Joan Miró Barcelona Reviews

justp justp
best small art gallery in Barcelona May 06, 2012
If you have a few hours to kill and want to get away from the crowds climb up the hill. Get into museum. See all amazing Miro art works including paintings and sculpture at the top of the roof. Some of the paintings are amazing and if you like Miro it is good to have more than 2 hours but otherwise you need 2 hours in the museum. Then it is very nice walk downhill and all together great escape from touristic Barcelona but you get a wonderful taste of its art side from the past and the view of the nowadays skyline.
davidx davidx
Something different - Miró Oct 16, 1999
I suspect that by giving this 4 rather than 5 I am simply revealing the limits to my artistic appreciation but, much as I admire most of Miró's work, there are some exhibits that leave me stone cold.

I wondered whether to go in or not but decided I was having a learning experience so in I went. I even hired headphones - and very glad I was. They certainly improved both my understanding and my appreciation.

It is a lovely light building but evenso the (perfectly understandable) ban on flash photography means that photos are selected more on what is feasible than on favourites.
Miró 1
Miró 2
Miró 3
davidx davidx
Outside my comfort zone. Oct 13, 1999
Not giving this a 5 may be a sign of my lack of artistic appreciation - because there's nothing less than 5 about the presentation here. So be it. In particular there is a painted line about which Miró

almost raved - I tried but was quite unable to see any particular virtue.

I am not generally an aficionado of modern art and I was expecting instruction rather than enjoyment - to which end I actually used a headset. I was astonished at how much did give me real pleasure.

Whereas I like the htings I photographed, they were not necessarily my favourites. Flash is (sensibly) forbiden so it was partly a matter of what was near a window.

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals