Fullerton Hotel Singapore

Fullerton Hotel Singapore Rates and Deals

Fullerton Hotel Singapore Reviews

dyron_888 dyron_888
The Famous Fullerton Hotel Jan 26, 2012
The Fullerton Hotel is a Five Star Hotel located along the Singapore River. It's one of the famous landmark in downtown center area of Singapore. Luckily, I had a chance to be in this hotel for a night because of my colleague who checked-in which his company paid for it! If not I would not sleep here for hundreds of dollar for a night!

The infinity pool is superb. The view is over looking the Singapore skyline.

Many tourist would stop by in this hotel to take a photo. Why not, it's historical, it's one of the oldest hotel in the Island, and very picturesque. It's one of the hotel that you will see in Singapore Postcards.
zenthoughts zenthoug…
Singapore's best for a first time visitor to the city May 01, 2012
It was obvious to me during my planning phase that I had to budget much more for accommodations in Singapore so it took me some time to decide on a hotel to stay for 3 nights. I monitored available best rates for about 2 weeks and with the knowledge of price fluctuations for some of the short-listed hotels, I booked the Fullerton when a rate that was close to hotels that were down on my preferred list was made available on Agoda. I am happy that I was fortunate enough to stay at Fullerton for the price similar to other hotels.

This accommodation had everything that I wanted from a hotel, great restaurants, excellent location right next to the river, historical significance regarding the founding of Singapore as a port city and also some connections to author, Joseph Corad who wrote books that depicted his experiences as a seaman visiting Singapore.

I booked Courtyard room which is one of the cheapest among the rooms available at Fullerton. Only thing it lacked was the view to the river but the amenities in the room were excellent with good open space and high ceiling. The bed and pillows were one of the best that I experienced in hotels. The common areas were also something to enjoy and made me linger and spent some idle moments at the Courtyard, watching mostly well-dressed guests and visitors going about their activities, waiting, chatting, taking pictures, playing with kids near the Koi pond.

I spent several hours at the Post Bar on one of the evenings after dinner with a friend. There was a live band and open mike with guests invited to sing. I was quite surprised with some of the talent and dance moves of some couples who most likely were out on a romantic date. I had to decline a playful invitation by the host singer to come out and sing. It was fun to watch people having good time.

I tried the buffet breakfast once and overall it had good offerings but I wasn't able to enjoy it fully for the price that I had to pay so I had my breakfast after morning jog using the same food courts in the underground arcades that locals use to get their breakfast on their way to work.

I engaged concierge staff and porters numerous times during my stay asking about hotel facilities, borrowing umbrella, asking about taxi and transport to different areas in the city, arranging for things to be picked up and asking for late check-out. On all of these interactions, they were truly professional and provided services all to my satisfaction.

If you are used to jogging and enjoy doing this, I found the hotel to be perfect place to continue to do this even while you are traveling. Like a lot of other cities with large professional population almost obsessed with staying fit, Singapore had many joggers jogging along the river during after work early evening hours. I felt comfortable starting a run/walk along the river early in the morning and in the evening. The scenery and view that you can enjoy I think cannot be replicated in other places. I think this was something that was very unique to Singapore and one of the benefits of staying so close to the river.
trippin_jen trippin_…
Fullerton Hotel, Singapore 2010 Jul 09, 2012
I stayed at the Fullerton Hotel for the Formula One race (where Alonso won for the second consecutive time in Singapore, Hamilton was kicked out after a collision with Webber, and Lotus was caught in fire). I must say that the location of this hotel is just perfect! Situated just 2 minutes walk to Boat Quay and 8 minutes walk to Clark Quay, the whole stretch of restaurants and pubs is like heaven to many!

If you're into the F1 race, then staying in their Quay room with a balcony will guarantee you a nice view at the 13th corner. The room is rather spacious and can fit 3 adults.

Otherwise, a Courtyard room is good enough. However, the single beds looks small to me. I expected them to provide twin beds, but they're just singles. Both the beds were arranged closely to one another, and I could slap the person on the next bed while turning around.

I was told that every room may have slightly different design (even thought they are of the same category) as it was previously a Post Office. Since this hotel was not originally designed to be a hotel, I guess I couldn't complain much about how the rooms are arranged.

However, I felt rather uncomfortable staying there. There is a bridge on the 6th floor which connects one side of the building to the next. And I was unlucky to be staying at the corner room, just next to the bridge. In other words, if I have my curtains drawn apart, anyone who is walking on the bridge would have seen my whole room. So I must say that it's just like staying in a room with no windows at all since the curtains have to be drawn at all times for sake of privacy.

In my opinion, this hotel is expensive and is definitely not suitable for budget travelers. It may be suitable for business stays though.
trippin_jen says:
Yeah, if you're in the wrong room then your privacy will be at stake... :(
Posted on: Jan 27, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Oh my..... I think I might have asked for a different room.... It's like having a 4th floor and they are roofing the building infront of it and the workers are RIGHT THERE..... yikes.
Posted on: Jan 26, 2012
fr3ddiboi fr3ddiboi
A Comfortable Nights Sleep Jun 29, 2011
I was fortunate enough to have stayed at the Fullerton Hotel on my first trip to Singapore. As you approach the hotel you start to get an understanding of the architecture which considering the rest of the modern high-rise buildings is a bit of fresh air to see a building that has some historical roots.

The entrance was grand and check-in was very smooth. Heading up to my room it was such a peaceful and quite hotel. Once I got into my room I was really impressed by the size of it and it was just a standard room. The room was extremely well furnished and again very peaceful. The bathroom was nice and comfortable with a shower and a deep bathtub.

The bed was extremely comfortable that had I not have set my alarm clock I would have easily overslept, as I couldn’t hear any noise from outside.

You can cross the bridge from the back of the hotel and you then face some of the museums and are walking distance from the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles. You are also very close to Raffles Place MRT so a great place to be able to move around the city. You are also close to the Marina Bay area this has lots of places to eat and shopping facilities.
juza0397 juza0397
Luxury Hotel Sep 28, 2010
Great location but a bit pricey...rooms are awesome. Restaurants and bars are world class as well.
o_dog o_dog
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore Jul 16, 2008
The Fullerton Hotel is by far the best hotel I ever stayed in Singapore. I will even dare saying that it is the best hotel I ever stayed anywhere.

The hotel is located on the gorgeous Marina Bay in Singapore by the bank of Singapore River which allows guests to appreciate the natural beauty of the island. It used to an old building now renovated and equipped with all modern amenities.

The hotel service is wonderful. All staff was trained very well. All of them were very polite and professional. I couldn’t help but notice that the staff were not only courteous, but also good looking people (!)

The hotel room was to die for. It overlooks the Singapore river and is designed ultra modern. The king size bed, study desk, entertainment center, and everything else make any guest feel rested and comfortable right away.

But it was the bathroom that made me unwilling to leave in a hurry! ☺ There are separate shower corner and a spa tub all topped up with clean, beautiful porcelain. The shower is the one with many sprinkle points that when you stand in the shower you don’t have to reach or adjust the shower head to use it to spray on your specific body parts or whatnot. You just have to stand still and the shower points will do the job. The shower has a porcelain seating feature. The shower is so spacious that I think there should be a shower party everyday.

The bath tub is amazing! It is a spa-style & jacuzzi combination, porcelain white, and large enough for two. It has spa jets so wonderful for tired backs after a long day traveling. I could stay there for hours and hours.

The bed was amazing. I slept really well in it. There was no noise whatsoever from outside the room or hotel that would bother my sleep. Room service was wonderful. Make sure you order their killer tiramisu. That’s my personal recommendation for any TB!

The swimming pool is located on the middle rooftop of the hotel. It overlooks the river. There is no obstruction from the swimming pool to the river. I loved watching the sunset from there. The gorgeous color of sunset by the bay and the river is incredible.

Places of interest around the Fullerton Hotel are reachable by walking. Along the Singapore River there are hundreds of riverside cafes. They are so colorful and unique and international. It is an East-West experience, in my opinion. Just across the hotel, connected by the famous Cavenagh bridge, there is the Asian Civilization Museum. The subway system, the MRT, is just around the corner. Over the subway system there are more shopping centers, ethnic eating places, business/offices buildings, and parks. Just behind the hotel, the famous Singapore lion-fish landmark “Merlion” sits proudly on the bay.
The Fullerton Hotel
Singapore River and the bridge, a …
Skyline and the River
The swimming pool of the hotel
o_dog says:
Thanks Jacques! Thanks Aioh! :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2012
westwind57 says:
Wow... another great and very useful review, and nicely written :)
Posted on: Jul 04, 2012
aiohdmg says:
Woaaa..so envy u!!
I hope i will hv a chance to junmp my ass at Fullerton once!!! (^_______^)
Posted on: Jul 16, 2008

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes