Fukuoka Art Museum

Fukuoka, Japan

Fukuoka Art Museum Reviews

eejot eejot
Virtually private viewing of some masterpieces Mar 21, 2008
I had a very pleasant surprise in Fukuoka recently.

I made the choice to go to the Fukuoka Art Museum based on it being in a park and I wanted to see something else in the area since I was taking the train. I had no idea what to expect since I know nothing of Japan.

Amazing experience for me. I was the only person walking through the gallery when I round the corner and think to myself "That looks similar to Chagall" ..I got closer and it was. Next to Chagall, Miro.. I turn around.. Dali and Rothko... and around the next bend is Warhol and Basquiat.... Numerous other artists were displayed as well, but I only mention these because in art school we had to copy a master, I painted a Chagall.. Not just any, but _the_ Chagall in Fukuoka (The Flying Sleigh).. Miro was the reason I started painting.. and Basquiat is my greatest influence these days...

So yes.. Let's just say that the Fukuoka Art Museum was an emotional day for me :)
Aquedita says:
Oh my gosh, thanks so much for the review! I must visit there one day.
I love art, eventhough I can't paint :P
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Fukuoka Art Museum

Hakata! It's ramen & yatai time in Fukuoka!
Having 2 luggages with me, I left one in Shin-Osaka Station for storage so I only had to carry a backpack and 5-days worth of clothes and toiletries. The drop-off luggage in Shin-Osaka Station is ope…arts, and language. Inside the museum, there are videos of Hakata (before Hakata was incorporated with Fukuoka

Check Fukuoka Hotel Deals