Fuji no Yado Ohashi

1168 Kodachi, Kawaguchiko, Japan

Compare Fujikawaguchiko Hotel Rates (3km away)

Fuji no Yado Ohashi Kawaguchiko Reviews

ellechic ellechic
A simple traditional Japanese inn with an onsen Aug 13, 2011
Fuji no Yado Ohashi is a typical traditional Japanese inn (ryokan) with hot spring bath (onsen).

We booked a 1-night stay at this ryokan for 11000 yen/per person (~US $110)in a 3 person Japanese style (tatami) room with private bath/onsen, including dinner & breakfast, via online. This is an affordable price considering the peak season of hiking Mt Fuji and also a long weekend (that upcoming Monday was a holiday).

The staff were very friendly, but speaks very minimal English. It helped that I had my Japanese friend with us (although it has never bother me from my previous stay at other ryokan). They were also very accommodating - they prepared our dinner later than usual after calling them and letting them know that we were going to be late arriving after our Mt. Fuji hike.

The ryokan itself is older, in need of some cosmetic touch ups, otherwise, it is clean and reasonably priced considering it was at the peak of the hiking season.

Our room came with a separate toilet and private onsen bath (great for those who prefer to enjoy the hot spring waters with privacy). The shared onsen (hot spring bath) was fantastic, just perfectly awesome after hiking Mt Fuji.

Our futon beds were comfy and I slept very well that night. The exhausting hike and the wonderful hot spring bath considerably helped, too.

They provided us with slippers (to be used in and around the ryokan), towels, and yukata with obi.

The modest kaiseki ryori, multi-course dinner, was delicious, added to that, our celebratory bottle of sake (small) and mug of beer. The traditional Japanese breakfast of grilled fish, tofu, natto (fermented soybeans), miso soup, and rice, was just right.

The location was also great! It was just a short leisurely walk to the walking path along Lake Kawaguchiko, great for sightseeing!
Fuji no Yoda Ohashi: our modest ka…

Compare Fujikawaguchiko Hotel Rates (3km away)

Fuji no Yado Ohashi Map