Fuji Sushi Boat & Buffet

Woodfrog Woodfrog
Great all-you-can-eat Lunch special! Jun 04, 2011
Fuji Sushi Boat & Buffet

Davis, California

On several occasions I have stopped in Davis just to eat at Fuji Sushi Boat Buffet. Their $13 all-you-can-eat lunch buffet is amazing! The sushi is freshly made, and on a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate the food quality to be at least an 8. Besides the regular tables in the restaurant, there is the sushi boat seating (my favorite!), where little wooden boats float past you, stacked with a variety of sushi (thus the name for this place). Be warned, you may have to wait a while to be seated at the sushi boats for lunch. I took a friend there for the lunch special as the first stop of her birthday weekend road trip to the Gold Country. We hadn't had breakfast yet, so we were hungry by the time we got to Davis. We sat at the sushi boats and pigged out! If you don't see what you want, just ask the Sushi Chef and he'll fix it for you. He was even handing us stuff that we didn't even ask for. Our little sushi plates began to stack high until they looked like little Leaning Towers of Pisa. Finally, we reached a point where we just couldn't cram down another piece. I think that I caused myself a food injury? We waddled out to the parking lot and had a hard time trying to fold ourselves into the car. We tried walking off our lunch at a museum in Woodside, and then drove to Nevada City. We ordered dinner at 9:00 just before the kitchen closed, but then couldn't eat it because we were still too full. After wrapping up our dinner to save for breakfast, we went out to the saloons. I ordered a pint of beer and nearly couldn't finish that either because I was still full! Anyways, the point to this story is that, you know the food must have been really good to be able to eat that much sushi. The same meal elsewhere (at $3 to $5 per sushi plate) would have cost a ridiculous amount of money (like $70+ each!).

Check Davis Hotel Deals