11220 Horseshoe Way, Vancouver, Canada
604-285-7745

Fuggles and Warlock Craftworks Vancouver Reviews

NickelP NickelP
Good beer and snacks Feb 26, 2017
After a very early morning start to catch the ferry over to the mainland and a successful Ikea trip, we were all hungry and thirsty. We had checked earlier for breweries in Richmond and found Fuggles and Warlock was located there and they had food, so seeing as 2 of the 3 of us were familiar with and liked their beer that's where we decided to head.

The brewery is located in a more industrial part of Richmond (city which is part of Vancouver) and has parking as well as an outdoor seating area. The inside is quite nice with a bar area, video games, tables and a fireplace.

The food menu is small and while it is brought in from elsewhere and heated up, we all found it to be good. I had the tourtiere which was nicely spiced and one of the better ones I've had on the west coast. J enjoyed her simple sandwich of salami and cheese on a pretzel bun, while S enjoyed her cheesy bacon bread.

Tasting flights came in sets of 4, so with 8 beers on tap I figured might as well taste all of them. You can also just grab a sleeve as well.

Now I am not a fan of the overly hopped bitter beer phenomenon that seems so prevalent in the Pacific Northwest craft beers so while I found a couple pushing to that side, I didn't find any of them overly bitter.

Beers I tried:

The Last Strawberry Wit - Lightly fruity but not overly sweet, I like this one

Pixel Pils - had a bit of a bite to it. It was solid but not outstanding

Mountain View Cassis Sour - found it more sweet than sour. All 3 of us were rather meh on it after the first couple sips but this one really grew on us. It would be a great summer backyard beer

Personas West Coast Common - strong smell of hops on the nose and for a lager I found it more like a Pale Ale. Wasn't my favourite but then I'm not a strong hops kinda girl

RyeGar IPA - not as strong hops on the nose as the Personas and found it not quite as bitter either. I am definitely not an IPA person but was OK with this one.

Mosaic Saison - I generally love saisons but was not a fan of this one. It tasted more like an IPA to me.

Blazed Smoked Porter - smoke on the nose and it definitely had that smokey taste. I'm still not sure how I feel about this one. I didn't dislike it but I'm not sure how much I liked it.

Bean Me Up Espresso Stout - This is my fave of the Fuggles line up. A smooth stout with nice coffee flavour.

There is also merchandise for purchase as well as Growler and Boston Rounder fills.
NickelP says:
Thanks! I wasn't driving so why not eh? I'm pretty much OK with all of them except the American Style Pale Ales/IPAs. I've had Belgian and English IPAs and they are nowhere near as bitter as the ones here though I do enjoy a couple of the IPAs at my favourite brewery here in Vic. Well at least it's evening there so you can, it's still morning here, which I guess makes me an early drinker according to my Untappd checkins. Haha. Ah well, can pretend I've had a few in prep for the Liverpool match.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2017
SWFC_Fan says:
Brilliant review and photos, Nicole! :-)
I love the sound of some of those beers. I'm a big fan of Saisons, sours and IPAs. Good decision to try all 8 available beers! Now you've got me wanting a beer...but it's only Monday evening! ;-)
Posted on: Feb 27, 2017