Fuente Dé

Posada de Valdeon, Spain

Fuente Dé Posada de Valdeon Reviews

asiuper2 asiuper2
Beautiful hike, accessible from hotel very comfortable May 10, 2015
We arrived in the evening to the hotel Parador right next to fuente de. Very good hotel with very nice dinner and breakfast. The rooms were wooden and clean, very mountain cabin feeling, and comfortable.

Take lots of water and possibly a snack. We were hiking towards the Vega de Liordes but couldn't make it the whole way as there was snow and we did not come prepared to hike through that. It was my first steep mountain hike and I had a great time. Hotel was about $100/night.

It's a wonderful area with great food. I recommend stopping in the town Potes before (like the bars and it's a charming little town where you can get souvenirs).

I also recommend you to stop by Ribadesella afterwards (we went via Llanes as this took us by the coast very pretty drive). The Tito Bustillo cave is here and if you don't know much about paleolithic art this will be an eye opener. There was a whole whale painted in this cave! Amazing that in paleolithic times cave men saw a -whole- whale and reproduced this in a painting. They have a great museum as well.

Well this was like 3 reviews in 1 but the N Spain is wonderful, specially if you like chillier weather a bit like I do!
In Potes
We ate at 2 bars here, in 2 diff. …
Beautiful Potes