Frodo Joe's Coffee and Tea

Frodo Joe's Coffee and Tea - Frodo Joe's - Californian Crêpe

Frodo Joe's Coffee and Tea San Lorenzo Reviews

Dolphintrekker Dolphint…
Jan 27, 2008
Tucked away in a sleepy part of town, located in a non-flashy plaza together with other small family owned businesses, is a brave business venture, a crêperie café. Crêpes, already a popular snack or food item in Europe, namely France, has generated a new found interest amongst travelers passing through, college students looking for a quiet, non-intrusive place to unwind after exams, and wonderers looking for an alternative meal to that of fast food.

San Francisco does have its fair share of crêperies, but not as organic as this one. Frodo Joe’s serve crêpe creations using the freshest ingredients year round; compared to other crêperies I’ve had the pleasure of visiting. Other reasons why I love this café is the notable nuance they place on food presentation, the simple, smart décor, and the generous servings of their meals. This tells me that the owner is aware and concerned with the overall dining experience of its customers.

My alma mater is a 10 minute drive away from this café, which in turn is about 26 miles east of San Francisco. I was introduced to it upon rave reviews from a friend during the last year of my college experience. However, I still drive all the way here time and time again, with no reservations, years after I’ve graduated. Friends who live in the East Bay and I would regularly crowd this café for morning munchies or Saturday lunches or Sunday brunches.

Other items included in the menu are sandwiches, other specialty drinks and pastries produced by local bakeries. Besides, when a café uses Ghirardelli as the chocolate of choice for their mochas …is simply a great café! My favorite savory crêpe is the Californian (ripe avocados, deli-style turkey, paired with sweet fruits, etc), and off course, my all time favorite is the Strawberry crêpe (sweet strawberries, vanilla ice cream, drizzled with Ghirardelli chocolate, etc) – oooohhh la la! All for reasonable prices, an average crêpe costs $6.25 and medium size mocha costs $3.75.

One suggestion I would contribute for the optimal benefit of its regulars and visitors is to extend their hours. Otherwise, it’s just an outstanding café.

Ayez crêpes et café avec moi (did I say that correctly??) . . .
Frodo Joe's - Californian Crêpe
Frodo Joe's Coffee and Tea
Frodo Joe's - counter
Frodo Joe's - Delightful crêpes
Dolphintrekker says:
TradewindsHD- your thoughts after your visit…
marloesetman says:
Congrats with you featured revieuw! I should go there to try. :)
mellemel8 says: